Comets, Astroids, and Stations. Inevitable

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

My idea is simple, yet can become as complex as any ship fitting. Our stations, bastions of freedom from violence, our arbiters of production, and pinnacles of prosperity are all but invincible except under the most austere conditions. I propose a PVE style event that randomly occurs to a single station, or even a region where a cosmic anomaly appears in the form of a comet/asteroid/meteor that would normally appear in real space that threatens our beloved bastions. In this instance players would need to rally, similar to incursions to destroy/mine/prevent this apocalyptic event to our homes, otherwise the station would have damage done to it applicable to the size of the free flying space rock. What do you think?

Instance is bad for EVE.

No, -1.

I don’t think he meant it that way.

Anyhow, OP.

Apocalypse:

1. the complete final destruction of the world, as described in the biblical book of Revelation.
    An event involving destruction or damage on a catastrophic scale

Here you’re talking about total destruction.

Here you’re talking about partial destruction.

In any case, what if there aren’t enough people around to prevent it? What if people deliberately try to see how much the station is going to be damaged, or if it can be destroyed completely? Destroying an NPC station is pretty much a no-go for CCP. Just think of all the assets. Think of all those who would try to kill those who want to prevent destruction just to see what happens.

I think it’s a neat idea in general, but seems rather badly fitted for EVE.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.