Is it true that NPC stations in high sec are going away?

Rumor has it that NPC stations in high sec are going away. Anyone know anything about it?

sure. new docking access rights for npc stations are coming soon. <= 0 standing no more docking, only asset safety.

1 Like

No. It would make it possible for the TTT consortium, or any other group of ill-will, to literally refuse docking to all of New Eden.

The TTT is a microcosm of their ultimate carebearing, hypocrisy and pathetic childishness. There would end up being 1 KS, 1 Tatara and 1 Sotiyo in every hisec system under one banner. The taxes would be maxxed out and probably would simply block all non-blues from docking for various lengths of time just to troll.

If CCP was really stupid enough to allow that (looking at Blackout) then I hope they update their resumes about the same time they release said theoretical update.

3 Likes

Rumor has it CCP is planning to biomass everyone who hasn’t pledged to either EDENCOM or Trigvania yet. That is, every character. If you have alts, you better hurry to get them all some standing!

9 Likes

Based on the Zenith trailer, Mike Azariah stating that the CSM is trying to get CCP to stop their current plan, and the new warning to evac those systems, I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire invaded system gets yeeted into the abyss.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s going to be this, or something akin to it.

The whole stargates-shutting-down thing is too extravagant of an event to put it into a trailer and then not have it actually happen.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put much stock in that rumor.

1 Like

They partially-disabled asset safety for upwells. People cried rivers over that, but not quite enough to make any headlines in the gamer websites. People wondered aloud whether their assets were safe, even in NPC stations. Based on today’s news release, it seems that no, your assets are not really safe anywhere anymore.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest though. CCP is, without doubt, stupid enough to do this and worse.

2 Likes

I store all of my assets in my mom’s credit card.

Bring it on CCP, let’s see what you got!

1 Like

I’m assuming the systems in question will vanish entirely, and I both hate and love that possibility.

Then where will the Triglodytes live?

1 Like

I think it’s more likely that they’re going to still be accessible in some way, but probably not by stargate.

1 Like

More likely they will be disconnected from the gate system (and paths rerouted accordingly) and will be accessible through some kind of filaments like the other triglavian stuff where all triglavian sympathizers would indulge in all kinds of abhorrent activities.
Basically, I think CCP are trying to create something alike “wormholes 2.0”

1 Like

Wormholes where you can grind in absolute, intstanced safety, perhaps?

1 Like

NPC leveled mission content depends on … NPC stations. I would NOT expect NPC stations to go away, without a serious rework of the mission system to support - moving all existing NPC agents into player-built stations :wink:

1 Like

If seems you are unfamiliar with CCP’s signature “Can’t rework - just kill it” approach :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, that would make sense.

Well, as far as my game is concerned that will qualify as “vanish completely”. Looks like I’m in for some long drives in the future.

eve is landfill design
the code is so big , so old and so complex that is way more productive to just put a new feature on top than dig a old feature and try to change it

No. I mean “envisioned-as-bloodbath-but-gets-abandoned-quickly-because-no-one-goes-there-because-with-such-risk-no-reward-is-worth-it-therefore-ccp-are-forced-to-nerf-the-risk-to-salvage-the-situation” kind of stuff.

2 Likes