If eve had to be remade, what what you change?

Post your position below! What would you change? What are some of the things you like or hate about eve?

Liars and frauds would be permanently banned.

(Obviously this means your time in new-EVE would be very, very short. And the game would be a much better place.)

8 Likes

I am not gonna tell you. You will use our great ideas in the magnificent game you are developing.

5 Likes

Accurate celestial movement and interaction.
Get to close and you get crashed or fried.

I would remove multiboxing.

4 Likes

Iā€™d block all of Bolasā€™s IP addresses. oh and also ban skill injectors and plex.

Iā€™d be asking CCP to permaban every single case of paranoid grandiosity.

Why would you want that?

PVP everywhere would be the first victim

[quote=ā€œMalango, post:6, topic:207721, full:trueā€]
Iā€™d block all of Bolasā€™s IP addresses. oh and also ban skill injectors and plex.[/quote]

1. Balos
  2. You know that an ip can be changed? :slight_smile:

But i thank you for letting me so deep inside your head that i even haunt your dreams :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnā€™t need to do that because the last thing I would do is listen to all you whackos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would make it free for me to sub and twice the price for every one else.

Spotted the Grinch!

1 Like

Iā€™d also un ban Mr Epeen :sunglasses:.

I have considered the idea of ā€œdangerousā€ space in side of the game i am working on. For example, having nebulaā€™s int he game that you can hide in, much like bushes in league of legends, but with the added danger if specific weapons hit it, it will explode causing insane damage.

These concepts are interesting, but like many things in software development, its really about the way you implement it, not as much as the idea.

1 Like

Multiboxing is possible because of bad design. In most cases, you dont generally see multiboxing pvp, and even if you do its generally not so good. In eve in some cases (like domi spam) it can work because eveā€™s classes are capable of multi-hybrid styles of game play, and domiā€™s are exceptionally good at tank, healing and damage.

In other aspects of eve, like mining, multiboxing is directly possible because of the lack of ā€œattentionā€ required. In essence there is no real skill element to it, as much as its about skill points. If mining had a scope of skill that could be applied to it, allowing for the good players to excel at it as an activity, multiboxing would become less effective due to the demand of attention.

This is the easiest solution to that problem, it however hides in a difficult area of code to be messed with.

While i agree with most of this i do think the trolls here on the forums have some legitimacy to the argument that high sec cannot be completely pvp free (to put it more officially, based on self-flagging systems).

I generally do not agree with the concept of high sec is safer but generates less income. I personally think it should be based on the activity, and subsequently all activities have higher levels of progression, and with them more risk, reward, and time commitment (among other important social demands like cooperation, and competition).

As for the war-dec system, the concept of wars being based on dropping a station is a really bad concept, though the rate at which war decs now is significantly better then it was in the past.

from a development perspective it makes it is insanity to base war eligibility on the condition if you built a station or not. Stations are single handedly the most important thing a corporation could ever accomplish. They should be difficult, and in general should not be the source of spam etc. I also believe that stations should be upgradable, from small to medium to large, or respectively from small stations to fortizars.

This sense of progression is at the heart of social commitment and progression, with out them the corporations lose an immense amount of identity, and really become random people wandering, looking for something they will never find.

I think they should make it so that if you go -2.5 you will be unable to dock at any station in high sec or low sec, but on the flip side, you can now dock at npc pirate stations which have ships and items that would potentially be locked out (unequippable or unable to be put online) to anyone above -2.5.

further iā€™d start to put many npc pirate stations around low sec. and, i would make items that would allow the pirates to disable your ship for 30-90 seconds, and other items that would just straight steal cargo from your cargo hold. and iā€™d make the bonusā€™s of these ships about these items and stealing, and avoid giving them damage buffs and potentially look at lower damage dealing pirate ships.

iā€™d then make all destructive (killing ships) give -0.5 per offense, but make stealing be -0.01 per offense. This way the pirating in general moves to being less lethal and more about stealing and mugging someone then mugging and killing them. this would make low sec a more fluid transition from high to low and thus people would be a little less scared to move out to low sec.

That sounds nice in theory but the reality is that the only meaningful risk or difficulty comes from PvP, and PvP doesnā€™t progress in a linear fashion like PvE. So the only way to have a risk vs. reward balance is to have the risk level set by the PvP rules of each region of space and limit the high-reward activities to the regions with the greatest PvP risk. You should absolutely not be able to farm your way to high-end PvE content without ever having to face any PvP risk.

To have this make any sense youā€™d have to have a complete redesign of the entire industry and hauling system. The only targets worth stealing from are going to be transports, combat ships have all of their value in their modules and only low-value ammo to steal. And transports flown by smart players are virtually immune to attack. Youā€™d have to remove jump freighters, heavily nerf scouting (probably including the removal of local), and modify the map to remove long-distance routes through highsec and force inter-region trade to go through dangerous space.

Without any changes like this the only result of your new ships would be:

1. Criminals using the pirate ship to disable a target for the kill ships to finish off, if disabling a ship is sufficiently easy. And if it isnā€™t sufficiently easy then you probably see no use at all, because killing a ship and looting the wreck has a lower chance of failure.

2. Higher barriers to entry for new players who are interested in PvP and crime. Stealing is ineffective and destruction quickly locks you out of docking, so either they just farm in highsec until they get bored and quit or join the nullsec blobs and mindlessly press F1 until the server crashes.

1 Like