- Ban capitals from lowsec, and freighters from highsec. Expose Jump Freighters to some small iota of risk.
- Implement resource scarcity somehow - new limited resources or implementing meaningful negative feedback loops to current ones
- Completely redo the NPE, dropping players in a controlled environment in lowsec after a more complete tutorial
Let’s keep going:
4. Revamp bounty huntiing (make them more like hit contracts), smuggling, and contraband/drug game play
5. Let players play more as pirates - start as them, have pirate structures that provide bonuses useful for criminals, otherwise “be the villain”
6. Make PI have a major PvP element
7. Add limited walking-in-stations with social, gambling, and trading elements
8. Delete the Faction Police, or at least make them more random
9. Bring more Faction War to highsec
10. Engineer a much larger difference between wardec-immune and wardec-vulnerable corps such that opening yourself up to a war has real advantages; make being in the same corp that owns a structure have major benefits
11. Implement a scaling sales tax like the industry index to spread around trading activity
12. Fix nullsec - needs resource depletion to make people move, a nerf to the umbrella to spread people out some, and a less perfect intel system
13. More rare, random interactions with NPCs that you can’t win. Ships should be lost on rare occasions, no matter what you do. Letting people plan/optimize for near lossless play sets up for bad feelings when losses do happen and empowers large groups. You shouldn’t be able to expect to farm/haul/mine in space for 50 hours without a loss no matter how large your groups is.
14. Capitals and especially Supercapitals should have an upkeep cost
15. Asset safety should be nerfed. There should be a sliding scale of risk here depending on the structure size, but there should always be a chance of something dropping in a player-owned structure. We are well past the point of needing to encourage people to use Upwell structures. Also, magic teleportation should go away - you should be forced to firesale your items trapped behind enemy lines as before.
16. Upwell… just nerf again, especially low-power structures. Maybe they need some tweaks in some contexts instead of nerfs, but mostly they just smother content. Time-zone tanking needs a counter, at least for low-powered structures as well.
17. Revamp the rewards and expand Resource Wars.
18. Delete Incursions - Invasions do it better.
19. Probably just delete missions at this point. Or at least discourage new players from doing them somehow and start deprecating them instead of fixing them. Nerf/delete Burners. Spend that effort maintaining them on expanding the newer PvE, moving this content into non-infinite anomalies or the open world
20. Bring back seasonal events.
21. Mining should be diversified to more types and styles, with high attention, single account mining having the highest earning potential but all sorts available.
22. Nerf wormhole control.
23. Nerf Orca EHP. It’s silly. Probably Skiffs too. Maybe also give a repulsion module to Upwell structures.
24. Remove drone auto-aggression.
25. Fix loot laundering and make anyone with stolen goods in their hold a legal target until goods are shipped to a “fence” agent deep in lowsec and made clean again.
I think there is more, but that is enough for now.