EVE has a long story and now, in it’s birthday, time to review the past and look to the future.
Current state of the game is stable but it’s also boring and stagnating. Players just do same stuff at same places every day.
Old players with established infrastructure sitting their nests and wont to move anywhere else
New players instead cant get their place cuz they get insta bashing from the old ones “just for fun”
New Eden split between 3 major alliances which is never start big war with each other but can easly eleminate small neighborhoods. SP gap also create major limitaons to new players. In the end as new player - you have only 2 ways, join one of these ally as a pet or sit in Hi-sec.
Yeah yeah… you can play as pirate, or trader, or whatever. But it’s all half-measures. And anyway you will play by their rules cuz they generate most of EVE GDP in all ways.
If you wanna crate your own empire - you cant do that with current state of the game.
EVE now is about ISK/h. Not about space adventures or exploration.
At least definitely not for new players. Sandbox is become too small.
Ok, how to fix this:
- Reduce skills gap - give up to 50kk SP to players(new players too) which is not reach this point.
- Give players ability to manually reach unknown stars (not W-space) and connect it to K-space with usual public gates.
For expample - some kind of probe which you can launch to any star in avaliable range. It will travel to it on warp speed and then you can activate cyno beacon on it to jump there and setup the gate.
- Add moon decay - if someone agressively mined moon it’s decayed to complete useless rock.
- Make CAPs really CAPs. It look stupid when carrier have less damage than battleship and cant fight back a bunch of frigs. CAPs need serious damage buff to every signature type.
- Add in-game political system - so any player can declare his vision of faction space and fight with others on election to set another rules for next period: taxes, fees, systems SS, etc.
It’s all for now.
Hope you get the point.