[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 21 October 2021

UPDATE 11:25 UTC - Work was completed ahead of schedule and Tranquility is back online and accepting connections! Please enjoy your internet spaceships.

There will be an extended downtime on Thursday 21 October while we conduct some upgrades and testing on our database hardware. Downtime is expected to last until 11:45 UTC however we will be back up sooner if work is completed early.

We’ll keep you updated in this thread and on the EVE Status Twitter account.

13 Likes

Nice, so we might be getting more than 5 bookmark folders and 3 bookmark shares soon?

9 Likes

More than 200 saved fits

7 Likes

Is Jita still running on a Raspberry Pi?

3 Likes

if jita was running on a Pi, it would be a lot less lag there :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. Ignore the ragers, they’re like chihuahuas: unadjusted behaviour, very loud, nobody cares.

5 Likes

You care.

A case for the chinese soja-belt…

inb4 the carebear tears “mah isk per hour less hours available for me to farm and mine waah” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When free SP?

1 Like

i am hereby requesting nerd photos

I WANNA SEE THAT HARDWARE :stuck_out_tongue: hows about some behind the scenes … what runs eve ? what kind of hardware was in there ? what are you installing ? we wanna know more :smiley:

2 Likes

they’re gonna be taking these silicon wafer things out, and putting some silicon wafer things in where they were. :smirk:

I can confirm that it does not run on this

2 Likes

they say:
“The emptiest can makes the loudest noise.”

3 Likes

looks at random flashing lights… takes notes to appear as if she is working.
Seems legit.

1 Like

Sounds like an average working day at the office.

3 Likes

Well for those that are truly interested CCP has continued to upgrade the Hardware on Tranquility. (And no I do not work for CCP and I am not a CCP fan but I do like Eve and have seen many changes since 2003 when I first started playing). If you try and search online you will see some of these changes.

Here are a few links from different sources.

From Oct 2015-eveonline.c0m/news/view/tranquility-tech-3

From April 2016-evenews24.c0m/2016/04/02/tranquilities-many-upgrades/

From Jan 2018 - https://massivelyop.com/2018/01/30/ccp-says-it-recently-poured-3m-into-eve-onlines-server-cluster-upgrades-to-improve-big-battles/

From Oct 2021 - The Nosy Gamer: CCP To Upgrade The Tranquility Server Soon

8 Likes

3 Likes

hey, where is the button to add a second and third like on a post?

It’s called alts. :wink: