[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 3 February 2021

Greetings,

There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, 3 February to carry out database maintenance work originally planned for last week.

We expect Tranquility to be back accepting connections by 11:45 UTC at the latest, but I will notify you if the live servers are back sooner via updates in this thread and EVE Status Twitter.

Be advised that the authentication and web services will not be available during this period.

Thank you!

12 Likes

UPDATES:

11:45
Tranquility is back accepting connections. Fly safe out there, pilots!

11:31
We are doing very good on time, and all services are in green. Bringing Tranquility online in a VIP mode to perform further checks before opening the gates :slight_smile:

11:02
Good day, the extended maintenance has begun and our engineers are at work getting all the necessary work with our database sorted. I will let you know if we are expecting to be back online earlier than the estimated 45 minutes.

4 Likes

45 Likes

I can finally go outside and get COVID.

18 Likes

MIR ROR
MIR ROR
MIR ROR

2 Likes

Literally an outbreak in my area. 5 day lockdown. ALL I HAVE IS EVE :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh well, if you have to do it, do it. We’ll manage as we always do.

1 Like

That is very scary … The Eve part.

3 Likes

Move to the country… Lots to do and we have Worm Holes in the back yard LOL

4 Likes

Please don’t!

11 Likes

Literally LOL.

It’s only 40 minutes more than the normal daily downtime for God’s sake! < still laughing > Sheesh!

:mouse:

5 Likes

Double mask helps with this new mutation , I’ll take care . Thank you for your concern !

3 Likes

ROFL Right. The kids do not remember 1-2 hr downtime’s, praying you did not have to reinstall all over again or 1 hr lag from thousands trying to reconnect at the same time :wink:

6 Likes

6 Likes

inb4 , 3 days DDoS attack.

3 Likes

I will hold my breath for the entire duration of downtime.
My life is in your hands ccp.

2 Likes

Does this mean we do get an actual update or the Team Talos approach is officially dead?

3 Likes

Anchorman crying

5 Likes

Didn’t extended downtime used to mean we were lucky if it was back online on the same day?

7 Likes

Ahhhh, those were the days, those 5 - 7 hour downtimes that turned into 2 - 3 days. At least back then they would give a little bit of compensation for the length of the downtime.

2 Likes