[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 2020/06/18

Greetings,

We need to perform a few changes to our database today which will extend the daily downtime over the usual 15 minutes allocation. We expect Tranquility to be back accepting connections by 11:30 UTC at the latest but will open the gates as soon as the backend work has been finished.

13 Likes

UPDATES:

11:40
Tranquility is back online accepting connections!

11:38
Second start up went very well. Health checks are ongoing.

11:30
We are seeing a few issues on the backend with our SSO at the moment. Our engineers are going to need a bit more time for an investigation.

11:23
Things are going well. We are starting up Tranquility in VIP mode to perform a few additional checks. Not long now :slight_smile:

11:01
The downtime has begun.

7 Likes

Any goodies or upgrades to servers?

Can’t you guys just take an hour or two and do all these at once, instead of sprinkled out over weeks and weeks

a few changes to our database

1 Like

Maybe not the right place for the question, but i will ask. There are people who lost a lot of The Discovery project progress. I think this is not correct ending of the second phase, can it be compensated in any form?
For example: Дискавери, не хватило 1го дня!

5 Likes

Drop table?

3 Likes

cat red dot

6 Likes

Questions to CCP, but as we all saw a few days ago, when the servers restarted in the evening, there are problems with eve.

:red_circle:

3 Likes

I’m Triggered

1 Like

eve was very stable since last DDOS was squared up until
server issues on 10th of June
ever since June 10, me and my friends are experiencing regular server disconnects.
some times able to relog right away, some times not.
Could have been my internet connection, but unlikely as several other people in different countries experiencing similar problem.
Looking at tranquility status here:
https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

it is apparent several small sharp declines in online players ( around 1:16 on 17th and 18th as well as 3:55 on 18th, other dates had similar patterns.

CCP please let us know if this is a known issue and you are working on it. Possibly some status.
These disconnects are extremely annoying and some times lethal.

6 Likes

so… a few changes to the database eh… a few extra zeros please on isk or plex

2 Likes

Just take 2 hours, fix everything and get done with it ffs. You are doing that 4 times a week for the last 2 months…

1 Like

sneaky DEV’s implement Logis on Killmails during this Downtime :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t you just shut up? <3 Thanks

3 Likes

Honestly, i’ve seen more lags after the recent extended downtime

You’re right! They should just make Eve perfect in one go and get it over and done with.

1 Like

Has anyone here deployed a keepstar ?

oh wow, without playing eve, it looks like 1 min. is 1 hour

2 Likes