[Completed] Extended Downtime Notification - 3 June 2022

Roger that, sir.

Thursday

Tomorrow is june 3rd

Does this mean we get emojies now…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Roger Roger

The need to putt new hamsters in the servers!!

10 Likes

There is a difference between the servers that hold the DB and run the simulation (what we call nodes when TiDi strikes) and the chat servers which were in AWS at some point. Probably because someone read that cloud is the new hot thing.

This sounds like chat servers are back in house (where they belong) which would also explain why the chat has actually worked a lot better lately than what was the case when we knew they were in AWS @@@@@cloud.

I do, however, agree that CCPs hardware team are orders of magnitude better than anyone else. The things that EVE servers handle is simply amazing (anyone who thinks that it’s easy to do better simply have no idea what they are talking about).

4 Likes

As long as they fix the lag i am okay with the downtime. i am tired of losing epithals to gate rates while they spend over 2 minutes initiating warp vector and then fail to warp

1 Like

Plz ccp

copy.

Will players get a bonus for this down time, 120 mins = 2,400,000 ISK plus, gap in an Alphas wallet.

Because Eve pilots like to complain

1 Like

understood

EVE has chat? Next they’ll tell us it has sound too.
LOL

1 Like

oído cocina

I watched that documentary and to be quite frank, I believe it’d be in the BEST interest of every capsuleer to watch that video so they can appreciate what goes into creating, expanding, upgrading, and maintaining a game of this caliber every single day! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up CCP Paragon!

No go away beggar

Here is something to look at more closely;

When ever a pilot receives a skill point bonus from the daily when you go to apply it to your character do you ever notice the faction of a second pause in the skill queue just as the free points are applied to what ever skill is on your top of the list?

Next time take a close look at that and then work out just how much goes missing during that slight pause if you are wanting to be pedantic over skill points.

2 Likes

I’m happy that people are still enjoying EVE despite the trend against enjoying EVE. Probably shows just how much the game differs from person to person because of how big it is.

1 Like