[Completed] Extended Downtime Notification - 3 June 2022

Hello everyone,

There will be an extended downtime on Friday, 3 June while we conduct hardware maintenance on the EVE Online chat server. We expect this process to take between 90-120 minutes, anticipating the work to be completed at no later than 13:00 UTC.

PLEASE NOTE that TQ will be brought back online as soon as the maintenance is completed which can be ahead of schedule of the previously mentioned downtime.

Any updates will be posted here and on the EVE Status Twitter.

Update: As of 12:25 UTC Tranquility is online and accepting connections.

25 Likes

Roger, Roger. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Affirmative” o7

2 Likes

So, unlike what I have been told, the chat servers are not actually hosted on the AWS cloud services? Conducting hardware maintenance on a cloud service does not equate to me. I am just very curious about how the architecture of the game and services are setup. A passion of mine really…

5 Likes

It means I will be short +/- 1.4 plex = 0.7 eurocent. i will send you invoice for that, plus moral losses - additional 500e. Cheers,

6 Likes

Didn’t break it good enough last time they screwed around with the chat server?

2 Likes

100% worth the 5EUR price increase.

7 Likes

Sorry no reimbursements for downtime

1 Like

I…I…I’m speechless.

2 Likes

You’re really going to make it hard for Eve Rookies Incursions to break into the AUtz aren’t you? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes…about time. I’ve been noticing how laggy chat has been lately. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is the only useful comment in here. This is really interesting. There was some talk about bringing it back in sine AWS was a major disaster (who could have thought it ).

Would explain why the chat actually works significantly better now.

Actually the CCP host its own servers, and actually these are some most amazing gaming servers you might going to experience. You can check its history on the following post:

I am very happy that CCP have their own servers, a company combine the hardware and software maintenance is just amazing!

A side talk: Actually “go cloud/go AWS” will not always save you money (as what they said), if you really know what you are doing, your own server can save you money (AWS/cloud providers need profit). And your own server can make sure you can keep your own data safe. (I really really love CCP have their own server once again, if they have their own room to place these servers, even they proubly would ever going to consider that).

6 Likes

Was there even a extended downtime? Didn’t even notice and feel it was a smooth restart.

June 3rd

1 Like

Wait and then why are there pilots complaining if it hasn’t happened yet?

1 Like

Welcome to Eve

2 Likes

well doesn’t bother me ill be alseep so take all the time you guys need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, so far I am really enjoying New Eden and also want to say thank you for the heads up about the 3rd.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! On a side note, I can’t wait to see all the complaining that will surely be done while people wait…

4 Likes