[Completed] Extended Downtime Notification - 3 June 2022

No worries, stuff needs tinkering with sometimes.

2 Likes

Ok nice

I would think most if not all players of MMOs realize there has to be downtime for maintenance of one sort or another, perhaps players should factor this into their schedules. CCP is not an electrical company that you can claim lost produce because your fridge was off due to a power outage. I am sure your comment was meant as humour, as no reasonable person could expect reimbursement for the 90 minutes or so used to keep the game at top quality.

2 Likes

when you plan to apply the “new changes” you say we are suppose to be getting during fanfest CCP?

Never really notice a pause as I click so quick, you sure your computer isnt lagging.

See that’s the difference between a Newbie and A Vet… A vet probably has everything by now, Stations, things on planets and so much cash that the little man/woman starting the game doesn’t seem important like a very distant memory of when they started out. Ok I might be like a beggar you’d pay in the street that you couldn’t even toss a dim to, but i was brought up with the philosophy, ‘there’s no harm in asking’ .

sir yes sir ! o7

The chat cluster is hosted in AWS but there is hardware underneath that cluster in AWS as there is for all cloud services. AWS has informed us that “one or more of your Amazon RDS DB instances are scheduled to receive maintenance on the underlying hardware” and that the instance will either not be available for a few minutes (single AZ) or fail over (multiple AZ). Neither option works for us, so we are manually performing the actions.

6 Likes

Time for a brake

3 Likes

DJ Magic Mike - Drop The Bass - YouTube Drooooooop!

Why do they need to take the whole game down just for chat

I can get away from the keyboard and can have a good weekend time with my families for the first time in a month !
Have a nice weekend space nerds.

Can I have a slice please

1 Like

Can you explain why you would do this on a Friday? It’s the day most people get off work early, resulting in this extended downtime having a way larger impact than on any other weekday.

Now i have…

Time to do some sketchy ■■■■…Dooday…Dooday…

hope to get away with it…Hey the Dooday…day…

Again thanks for help with hi-sec entrance prior to “extended downtime” Small world lol o7

1 Like

you cannot mess up the weekend as much then!!! :slight_smile:

Hey, I am Cicada, I am everywhere xD

cause chat is a large part of the game making trades, intel, talking to friends without it is like walking outside without pants.

1 Like

Pants are always optional imho

1 Like