Concerns about the new penalty-free SP booster (13 day event)

Is OPs math correct? If over 80m character can inject three times without penalty doesnt he benefit 3x350.000 sp instead of 3x150.000?

Same thing.

Yes, if the price of the booster is less than 7x large skill injectors it’s better to buy the booster + 3 injectors. IF you plan to inject 20x injectors anyway AND are above the 80SP mark. 20x because the booster for 10x is for free if you are able to login.

The price will be balanced between those who want to sell and not inject and those veterans who want to inject more than 10x or not being able to login. Difficult to guess.

2 Likes

The math is correct. The extrapolation from it is not. Value and worth are determined by what players are willing to pay for it. If someone was willing to pay 10 injectors worth for 1.5m sp then they would have done so already. Which makes 7 injectors worth the absolute maximum point at which they are worth using at all for an 80m+ character.
For a 50-80m character that break even point is only 2 injectors worth (so any higher then that and they are better off just selling them and buying the injectors. Which will push the price down

Nope. These are time-limited to beginning of January and there will be more of them, than players over 50/80m SP who’d want to use them, which means they won’t be worth much of anything at all.

Your thread might lead people to believe otherwise though, so you’re essentially doing a good job at driving up the price for plex under the false premise that players will profit from it. Good job :slight_smile:

While the booster may never reach high market value, it will have the inherent value of 7 large skill injectors to any 80m+ who wishes to inject to that character. On January 8, you will need to hold 10 injectors to accomplish that which you could have accomplished on January 6 with only 3. There will be min/max players who will try to gain as much of that “free” SP as they possibly can. If the price of plex and large skill injectors is rising now, thank CCP, not me. I was just raising my concerns about the item.

If you assume that these boosters are part of the final reward of the login it will be in the hands of players around 23-24th dec. They expire 7th Jan so you have more or less 14 days to use them. The boosters mostly reward high SP players, but each one could potentially use 21 of them if you assume that the booster cannot be replaced for the 16 hours duration (maybe they can?). So even if the playerbase of high SP characters is lower than the total playerbase, a factor of 21 is high enough to expect some decent demand on this.
This all depends how many will actually bite into this, if you don’t need the skills there is really no point. But one thing I would assume is that some of the bigger factions in EvE would look at this as a potential to increase their amount of cap pilots to bolster their forces.

While the above is more difficult to gauge, I am definitely bullish on skill injectors.

oh skill injectors are def going to spike. but OP’s initial concern was that people would go out and mass plex alt accounts (or create new ones) specifically to cash in on these in large numbers due to their “theoretical” value. anyone who does that though is an idiot (and i suspect this post may have been a not-so-subtle attempt by op at market manipulation to drive the price of plex up)

as far as capital pilots go, the average capital alt is actually considerably below the 50m sp threshold, which means each one of these augmentors is only worth about .75 of an injector to them. so its unlikely we will see any huge rush for those since, if people had the isk to fund that many injectors to begin with it would have already been done.

1 Like

Funny how people see conspiracies everywhere. I’ve gone from a customer with a concern to a market manipulator in the span of 24 hours. Oh and no, I didn’t kill JFK either.

1 Like

funny… thats sounds exactly like what an alien infiltrator would say to cover their presidential assassination plots!!!

5 Likes

Us hinting that this might have been a market manipulation attempt, is actually the respectful interpretation of what you wrote. The other would be that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

It would appear that I have totally misunderstood what these boosters are. I was under the impression that the booster simply allowed you to obtain all 500k skill points from up to 3 skill injectors, irrespective of how many skill points you already had.

From what I see in this thread, it appears everyone else thinks that these boosters allow you to use 1 injector, 3 times, without penalty.

So am I wrong? Or is the booster really that powerful?

This, unless CCP really have gone nuts.

1 Like

Yes that. Use 3 injectors with the booster active and you get the full 1.5m SP, no penalty.

2 Likes

your completely right, it just lets you gain the full 500. where the confusion probably comes from is the “equivalent to” talk.
if you’ve got 80m+ SP you normally only get 150k from each injector, and it would take 10 injectors to hit 1500k. with the augmentor though you get the 1500k SP from only 3 injectors, making the augmentor “worth” the same as 7 since its taking the place of those 7 extra injectors you would normally need to use.

1 Like

Do you guys expect Large Skill Injector price to rise up during this event?

So this booster is pretty useless for characters below 5 mil SP. ( 5 mil - 50 mil pretty much too).
It does not give free SP or anything, You still have to buy Large/small skill injector.
ONLY benefit is, if used on char with 5++ mil SP -> that is when SP diminishing comes into play, cause Skill Injector You just bought will give full SP no matter how much SP You got.

For that type of accounts, selling it would be most likely the smartest thing to do.

Am I right?

CCP, when injectors for login? I would log in so hard for them.

3 Likes

Or inject enough skill injectors to reach and go beyond 5 mill SP point. Than use this special booster and use another 3 large skill injectors to receive the benefit :rofl:

Some do, some guess it’s the other way around. The main question is wether there are enough +50/80m SP chars who want to inject something, but wouldn’t inject if it’s 150k per injection.

2 Likes