Conduits are horrible because of bots

This game is about to lose a player because I can’t run conduits anymore to get ISK. The same bots that are a week old are on all the time farming every conduit. And even if you get there first, they’ll fly out 5km, plop their MTU and grab all the loot. Can’t do a damn thing about it and CCP isn’t getting rid of the bots. Thank you so much for opening this game up to the gold farming capital of the world.

3 Likes

So why don’t you use an MTU and kill the npc? And how do you know they are bots?

Report them then?

1 Like

You’re required to report them using the in game option so CCP’s Sentinel can do its job.

1 Like

Where are you? The region I live in most has empty conduits all the time.

1 Like

Kill their MTU, take loot.

4 Likes

If only there were any other ways to get isk in this game…darn…

4 Likes

I have. Several days ago. CCP hasn’t done anything.

Good riddance.

Move to a nicer neighborhood?

If its a bot just destroy the MTU.

2 Likes

So I guess I’m slightly confused. As far as I understand MTU’s will not gather loot from wrecks you don’t own. So while someone may drop an MTU, and that MTU may tractor in the wrecks, It cannot loot the contents. Sure it makes them easier for someone to salvage the wreck but they still can’t take the loot without going suspect.

3 Likes

MTUs are only able to tractor and loot own wrecks (and that of fleet mates’, and of course those that are abandoned = blue)

2 Likes

Right, so I’m confused about the OP’s claim that the botters will just drop an MTU in a site you are already in to scoop the loot. They’d only be able to get any wrecks that they killed.

2 Likes

Exactly, I didn’t understand his OP either but was not interested in engaging in the discussion just yet thought someone else will point it out sooner or later. So yeah no idea, maybe he is new and/or doesn’t know better, not sure. :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Since the supposed bots are supposedly farming the conduits, he might mean “they warp in, drop their MTU, and proceed to kill the Trigs and scoop their loot”. Which is really more a case of normal competition than loot-ninja’ing.

If they are week-old accounts doing this in fair numbers, I would guess they are more likely new Korean players dropping some skill injectors and heading into the first decent content they can find.

People cry ‘bot’ a lot when what they really mean is “somebody who interfered with my run”.

4 Likes

Maybe, but that is just normal site competition.

Agreed

Moved out of Jita eh? :wink:

ACKshully all the cool people live in Amarr

2 Likes

6576952813_5ac70aaa4a_z