Conduits are horrible because of bots

T o x i c
o
x
i
c

MTUs are only able to tractor and loot own wrecks (and that of fleet mates’, and of course those that are abandoned = blue)

Yes, but I’m talking about someone coming into the conduit during wave 1 or 2 and they start killing off NPCs themselves, so the wrecks are yellow. Is it technically stealing? No, is it a dick move? Yeah. It is, and there’s nothing I can do about it that wouldn’t make me a security problem in high-sec.

Normal players don’t auto-align and target you when you enter a conduit that they are doing. They are on fixed macros to do certain things in certain conditions. They also decline all conversations.

This particular bot handler has 4 omega accounts with 4 rattlesnakes doing conduits after a weeks time. So, yeah, I’m inclined to think someone is botting for ISK.

Report them and move to a quieter area.

2 Likes

It would also be a pretty fancy bot that exhibits this behavior.

And you can do some things about it. You could move to a quieter location. As others have replied there are places that are quiet enough to not have crazy competition.

You could also try and strike up a conversation with them. I have on multiple occasions happened upon people with 1 or 2 ships and have asked if they wanted a third. I’ve made friends and we all make isk.

1 Like

Just because you entered a site first doesn’t mean it’s yours. It’s a very competitive play style which means you will have to outperform others in order to do well.

Lots of people will passive aggressively target you because in many cases it will drive people away, as someone stated that would have to be an amazing bot to be able to do all this. Big chance they’re someone who doesn’t speak English and doesn’t give a fck.

Man up, get better, accept that EVE is a competitive sandbox and adapt to it.

3 Likes

Someone should do an AMA on the wealthiest folks in eve, when they finally climb to the top of the isk pile what then?

When you have ALL the special mods that people are just going to gank you for so you can never fully immerse yourself without knowing someone will try, the shiny is tarnished, maybe it’s the journey we should be enjoying rather then the speed on which we get there.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, Theron! I’ve contracted you a PLEX! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool! Nice thing to do.

Just do what i do…

Warp in cloak up… as the last 2-3 npcs are left take a pop shot and collect your share of isk and lp… then steal the good ■■■■.

5 Likes

Finally some sound advice on these forums

1 Like

Uhh ok, thanks?

I’d rather they got rid of people multi-boxing. People will literally create alpha accounts and train them to fly praxis and snakes and then one player is getting 13.5 mil per run, basically exploiting payout mechanics and defeating the purpose of this being a mmorpg and obviously giving all the isk to their main. They ain’t helping CCP financially and all they’re doing is exploiting alpha account to generate more isk for themselves giving themselves an unfair advantage in isk generation. Bots are always a problem but I feel that people can sometimes mistake bots for people.

1 Like

Considering you can’t multibox with alpha accounts, at least not without multiple computers I am hesitant to believe people are creating tons of accounts just to do this.

1 Like

Funny.
Regardless, it’s a mmorpg and there is solo content. People should be grouping up together not making a hat tipper 03

You know what is more annoying than Bots in the EC’s?

When your solo running, and another guy comes in with 1 or 2 accounts and doesnt stay.
Even leaves system… see it all the time.

Ya know if they stayed even without fleeting up and just ran(helped to run) the things and everyone just collected their own salvage and loot, the sites would run faster overall, meaning overall in length of time more Raw Isk and more Raw LP per pilot.

You get max rewards for up to 3 characters in site, optimal is 4 pilots for time and split.

Get some friends, make some friends.

Sure it is possible. But those having a monster enough computer to handle multiplle VM’s and the will and knowledge to set all that up is going to be the minority, not the norm.

I haven’t yet seen anyone show any actual evidence of these multiboxing alphas running conduits so the whole concept is not much more than speculation.

1 Like

Or a powerful gaming setup with virtual computers.

Before I spend a ton of money on electricity bills to run multiple machines or even powerful machines I’d just assume buy plex to spending more on electric bills but then again many people will drive miles to buy something on sale burning more gasoline then the savings and time \o/.

1 Like

So that guys the exception and breaking EULA. Unless you can show how it’s common you’re just being dishonest.

1 Like