Contest Submissions - Name Our Meeting Rooms – Round Two!

Ragnarok

My rag’s named Fool’s Errand, which is likely what any meeting trying to calm the EVE community is, so it is quite fitting for a meeting room.

My rag got the name because it came out of build on April first, just a side note :smiley:

(Trying to give a In-character spin)

Kestrel

“When I first started out learning how to engage Capsuleers one-on-one, it was with kestrels. Lots of Kestrels at that. Admittedly fighting other Capsuleers was daunting at first, but the Kestrel’s low cost and superior firepower gave me the confidence to lose Kestrel after Kestrel until I understood it - then I started turning the table, then I started taking a few names out in the Factional warzones. With the Kestrel I learned Invaluable combat skills, I’ve met and bonded with other Capsuleers I’ve fought. I’ve racked up a modest confirmed solo kill count of over a hundred thanks to the Kestrel.”

“As much as I want to try other frigates, I can’t bring myself to not fly it. It has won my heart and trust.”

Cockroach

Got some important work that needs to be done immediately?
Can’t find your employees as they said they all had to attend a ‘really important’ meeting? Then go to the Cockroach room, turn the lights on and watch them all scurry for cover.

According to Wikipedia (must be true) certain species of cockroaches display collective decision making when choosing food…just like employees. Where better to hold a meeting or hide from your boss?

The ‘Cockroach’ Room :ant:

12 Likes

Hawk

Many people underestimate the Hawk. “It’s just a tech II frigate” And that’s why i like this ship, this small boy can hide so much in it.
Picture the scene ; Praxis on intel, cruiser gang forming, you are the first to undock and the ennemy is running. But you are fast, 70AU long warp and you are the first on grid. The Praxis is confident and open fire.

Praxis tackled

Blaster cannons are tearing your shield apart. Time to activate shield boosters. The Praxis start to panic as he sees your shield going up. Allied gang landing, time to pull out for the hero tackler.
Battleship down. What about the Hawk? Still Hawkay

1 Like

VENTURE

I would say that the VENTURE should be a fitting tribute as not only did it get me up and running in EvE, it has always been a fallback in times of need.

:diamonds: CCP began as a VENTURE into the online gaming and simulation world.
:diamonds: Capsuleers often VENTURE into the unknown in this epic online simulation.
:diamonds: CCP and Capsuleers will VENTURE into the future together.

So as you can see, the VENTURE maybe basic but it gets around.

FLY SAFE o7

3 Likes

Condor

"I’m an Alpha clone. That means I’m looked down upon the community of Capsuleers as ‘inferior.’ Ever since joining the Capsuleer ranks six months ago, the Condor has been one of my mainstays in many operations. The missile training needed to fly this little ship helped me progress into larger ships like the Caracal and Drake. It’s feisty, fast, can pack quite a punch, and its what got me more confident about PvP. This ship frequently brawls with its cousin, the Kestrel, and that ship is arguably more powerful, versatile, and favored. Interceptors are also out of my reach - their variants being superior to this little frigate.

The Condor’s an underdog, but if it wasn’t for that, I’d be stuck in my own high-sec bubble. This little frigate’s opened my eyes to the possibilities that require substantially more risk and how to deal with failure. It’s time to give this bird of prey a little recognition."

• Zhanshi Chen
1 Like

Astero

Was my first solo PVP ship and got over 130 Killmarks before I died. Have only a picture from the 127 ones.

Astero%20127

Lost the ship on a realy good bait and on my bad intel.

I got online and dock off and there was the realy nice to get Helios in one off the hacking sites. I know it was stupid to try to get her without knowing who is in system and not to check her and the corps killboard. But she was realy quick in doing the hackings and I was in the mood to just try to get her.

But had a lot of fun with it and the loss didn’t hurt me realy. All the blinky modules I found by myself.
I’m only sorry I didn’t do a picture with the 130 marks :smiley:

1 Like

Dramiel

That fast vessel is my first choice if small payload is sufficient. Running with Hyperspatial Velocitiy Rigs and Nanofibers it aligns well below 2 seconds and travels fast. Choose Sariel’s Flames skin to highlight the speed fit.

An annoying journey of countless jumps ahead? The Sariel’s Flames speed fit Dramiel turns it into a pleasure.

3 Likes

Providence

This ship is a well know freighter. It isn’t hard to explain what a freighter is. It’s a big boy that carries a lot of stuff, and pirates like to kill them. No need to explain how big a titan is, or the strategic values of Heavy Interdiction Cruisers. This ship’s colors, shape, and general aesthetics are pleasing to the eye. It’s nothing like the Mimmitar eye sores (they look cool, but take a bit to get used to :stuck_out_tongue: )

Do I have any personally stories to tell about this ship? No. I fly cheap ammar stuff and get wrecked by blingy stuff in Tama.

Why did I choose this ship? I think out of all of the ships in Eve Online this one would likely be the best one to name a room after.

Imagine being in your first day at a new game dev company, and the room you’re put in is called “Punisher”. How are you going to feel? What about Zealot? A crazed religious warrior? Vanquisher? What the heck is this room going to do to me? Who are these people? How much overtime are they going to make me do?!

The answer is probably a lot, but with “Providence” it doesn’t sound bad does it? It sounds like you’re fighting a battle, vanquishing bugs, burning legacy code, etc! How glorious is it when you are enduring the pain of previous coders who used far too many gotos and not nearly enough comments! This work is for the glory of GOD! You are in the providence of GOD when working in that room. Nothing can harm you! Not even the co-workers that microwave fish!

You’re choosing a name for a room, not a good story. Do you want to have to tell them the whole story behind the name “Tormentor”, or “Executioner”, or really any Ammar ones… (especially the Battleships)? No, you want to be able to say “its one of our ships in the game” without them asking “Why are one of your ships called that? What is wrong with you people?”

You know you want a nice, calm name. One that doesn’t scare your children. One that you don’t have to worry about getting an article written about how your company named one of it’s rooms after … ahem … “Noun: 1. a female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men.”. Yeah, lets not do that one.

Go with providence, sleep easily tonight in the safety of whatever god you pray to.

-Hoed Cosmere ( Ho - ed or Hoid if you’re worried about mispronouncing it as hoe cosmere)
(Hail Falcon)

4 Likes

Naglfar

Sky’s the limit for the king of verticality.
For extra fun, add some transparent umbrellas and try to pass it off for a POS stick.

2 Likes

Sabre

There are very few ships which name is near synonymous with its role. The Sabre is absolutely one of them. Inderdiction in some form is a core mechanic in most engagements and is always in the back of the players mind. A dangerous hunter, a staple of crowd control and a valued ally are all qualities found in the Sabre and I believe it is more than deserving of having a room named after it.

Also the name just sounds dope, thanks.

1 Like

Sunesis

Being the generally newest addition to my corp, the main ship that I fly is the Sunesis. While it doesnt boast an incredibly dense arsenal of firepower, nullification, or other attributes that other destroyers have, it is good at a few things, things that have allowed me to stop relying on the kindness of my corpmates, alliance members, and even those neuts that have given me donations after a fight.

I use the Sunesis because it allows me to loot, salvage, and stay on the edge of major fleet fights. The tremendous cargo space and short align time with the proper modules have made it a staple at Razor and XIX fights. I thought that the Sunesis would be a great name for the new room because to me it embodies the precedence set by CCP in that they would much rather sit by the sidelines and observe the action, rather than directly controlling the flow of it.

Plus, its a cool name.

1 Like

PHOENIX

What better name, than something that is reborn from its old self. CCP have a new “reborn” HQ, a new vision and a new set of times ahead of them, much like a Phoenix. There is simply no other choice.

The Phoenix was the first ship in the game that I needed to fly, simply because of what it is. It is the only Dreadnought that looks like it fits its role: A great lumbering behemoth, armoured on every inch and ready to hunker down in place and hammer into the enemy… repeatedly.

5 Likes

Slasher

The slasher is a ship of many firsts for me. My first pvp experience in nullsec with my first player-owned corporation which got me my first kill, death, and overall the ship which transitioned Eve from just another game my friend told me to get into a game I have sunk hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars into, with many more to come.

1 Like

Rorqual

When the Rorqual was first being turned into a vessel capable of operating mining drones, players were asked for feedback on the proposals. They fed back that the ship was overpowered, and would unbalance mining. The feedback was ignored. Rorquals proceeded to flood null-sec space, leading to a glut of minerals and increasing the proliferation of capital ships due to the oversupply. This made a lot of people very angry.

The ship was subsequently and repeatedly nerfed, as the player feedback turned out to be accurate. This being Eve Online, this made a lot of people very angry.

The moral of the story is that occasionally your players are worth listening to. It might save you some aggravation in the long term.

Raven

My first battleship, which I subsequently lost during my first flight with it. Mainly a PVE pilot, I didn’t have all the skills necessary to do a L4 solo, but this was in early 2014. Now even though I just bought a Golem, the Raven is still my favorite NPC killing machine.

1 Like

Biomass

Where all sorts of ideas go to die and decompose then give rise to the next generation of ideas. Screw ship names that’s silly.

1 Like

Occator

To me, the Occator represents friendship. Not just because you can open the fleet hanger for your friends to deposit loot into, or because you can move even a battleship hull for your friends with it, but because I made the off-hand remark that I could build a T2 Industrial.
“Occator!” typed my friend.
I mentioned I could technically fly Transport Ships, but for lacking any Industrial 5 skills.

“OCCATOR” Ayra Kyari reminded me.

Somehow, this led to a challenge to trim enough of my skill queue through accels and injectors to fly an Occator “by my birthday”. Turns out the date has family significance to my friend, too.

This is why you should have an Occator room: to honor friendship among capsuleers as one of the foundations of EVE.

Iteron Mark V

To some, a T1 hauler with mediocre stats and low potential. To me, however, it is the pinnacle of opportunism and also marks the point in my eve career where I officially transitioned from Newbro to Capsuleer.

When I went on a loss streak on my zkill and my wallet had a measly 5million isk, I awoke to a massive fight in one of the market hubs of my alliance. I quickly burned amidst the time dilation and started to sift through the wrecks in my corvette in hopes of snatching that singular faction or tech 2 module that would mean the end of my poverty.

It was there that I finally saw it, a 500 million dollar capital wreck. Though, to my dismay, one that had loot much larger than my cargo hold capacity. Emboldened by the positive turnout of the fight and further spurred by the emptiness of my wallet, I spent the last of my isk on an Iteron with only cargohold expansions and warped to the wreck, which was sitting right on a red astrahus with dozens of doctrine ships no doubt itching to blap me.

However, I had literally flown right beneath their radar. And the ensuing 11 nail-biting seconds it took for my Iteron to align back to the blue astrahus were among the most stressful in my life. In the end, it marked the beginning of a new age for me.

Vanquisher :smiley: