Crimson Harvest 2017 info/thread

so have you come up for a good passive ship that can smoke the sites too?

Iā€™m just using a Gila. Same thing I used for last one but luckily the battleships dont take ten minutes this time. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty of caldari/minmatar fits to do them fast. Drones are my secondary as I primarily use lasers. I havenā€™t focused on missiles or blasters since I was a high sec noob when I met you like 8 years ago on my first account. Slowly training missles but they donā€™t do much against npcs yet.

1 Like

awesome, yeah I was working with a prop on testserver, mix of small/medium faction drones and light autotarget missiles. works pretty fast and I was looking at some others

The agency box says it can have 1 of like 5 skins, thereā€™s actually 5 for each race in the skins section of character sheet all the way up to an avatar skin, Hel, nyx, etc. Idk whether they are going to be nes or not cause I didnā€™t see them in the singularity nes.

Can you put auto target missiles in rapid lights?

yes theres one for each size like light, heavy and cruise. im split between lights for the frigates or testing heavy for the cruiser size. I just use lights on test and it does ok In standard launchers, because the rlml 30 sec reload is too much of an open space

Good question. At the moment itā€™s because thatā€™s how it has always been. Iā€™ve been debating this. If we want a Blood Raider themed event, then it should have a way for pro-Blood Raiders to get standings with them while still allowing everyone else to take a standings hit. Unfortunately with the way that sites work, they canā€™t have a tug-o-war mechanic with regards to standings. The alternative is creating additional sites that are opposites or something like that. Weā€™ve barely had time to put together the one site, much less a second but this might change in the future.

Yes, this has been a long time coming. Itā€™s still not perfect but we have some time to work on it again in the next 6 months.

On a side note: the drop rates were very inaccurate on the test server. We were fiddling with it and some of the changes made it, some didnā€™t, some partially made it. It was nailed down last week but of course we turned the event off as well.

4 Likes

It is not true. I lost standings during the Guardianā€™s Gala event. Though the standing loss is pretty minor, I still donā€™t think it is good for those who do pirate mssions.

I think it would be interesting to allow you to gain standing with the pirates if you are so inclined. You can decide to help or hinder the pirates during the event. We just arenā€™t there yet with the way our tools work and how much time we have to create the content.

Thatā€™s great to hear!

You could make an event site like the one level 4 mission I high sec, canā€™t remember it off the top of my head but itā€™s a split mission and you encounter two factions fighting and thereā€™s several gates for both factions. Worldā€™s collide I believe.

Set up like that you could help one side, and the other warps off. Or try to kill both and they gang up on you and the last remaining group would get a reinforcement wave.

As I said:

If we had all the time, I think we could do more sites like Worlds Collide and improve on it.

So on a scale:
hisec->lowsec->nullsec->whs
where will be the best rewards?

I donā€™t control all of the rewards everywhere. Additionally, risk is relative and dynamic, and sometimes subjective but we have no way to even control for that yet.

Our guideline is to best reward the highest risk.

That is normally where I would end this, however since you asked. I usually put Low Sec on top of the list, followed by W-space and/or Null Sec and lastly High Sec. The problem with trying to assess risk for ALL of Null Sec and W-space is that they are so big and players can ā€œownā€ and protect their areas of space. Lots of factors then play into this like who are your neighbors, what part of Null are you in, how valuable is your area, etc. I think someone once described it to me that Null Sec is like a huge forest. Yes, if you live near the bear and it is hungry, then you are in danger. But if you live in a secluded part, then nobody bothers you. It is difficult to say if that is riskier than Low Sec.

2 Likes

When does it go live on TQ?

:dart:

The Crimson Harvest event and associated cosmic site beacons have been added. This event starts on the 26th of October, watch out!

:dart:

1 Like

Cerebral Accelerators arenā€™t on the market. They will be next deployment. Probably not going to have one tomorrow, so maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Again? sigh

What do you mean by that? We canā€™t sell them on market?

Yeah, sorry about that. Should be on the Market next Tuesday.