Crimson Harvest 2017 info/thread

If the expire date is far beyond the end date of the event it shouldn’t be such a problem.

They expire 11/28, FWIW

This event is well balanced based on many aspects. Very good idea to implement all PVE activity types in one rewards page, normalized by Parts penalty phases. So a miner, which only doing his daily online stuff for a corporation, can acquire all Event rewards. Same for a null-sec capsuleer shooting daily rats - at Part 5 the 20M bounty is required to get the 14 Event point. The combat explorers should complete 8 Blood Raider Gauntlet sites! to complete Part 4. Every Part must be completed in 14h aka complete 8/16/32 Blood Raider Gauntlets in 14h or take a break and wait for reset next day (sounds like flight fatigue). Resource Wars spawns nice to create some competition and grant enough breathing air in a sandbox.

1 Like

There seems to be an issue with the Resource Wars award in Crimson Harvest.

I went to a Resource Wars location and was told it was already full. Immediately afterwards I received the 10 points Crimson Harvest reward for completing a Resource Wars site.

I guess that is not intended behavior.

1 Like

crimson harvest is an appropriate name because it’s nothing but a farm that’s bleeding Eve Dry!

• they were players selling 30-40 or more accelerators even before anyone had a chance to get any & the event just started !!
    already having issues even finding the actual events ingame!
    players are hunting them down so fast ‘The Agency’ can’t even list them fast enough to get there in time.
    (btw The Agency is very laggy & needs a lot more options on what we choose to show)

• you can’t find any of the blood gauntlets to do because they are usually done or almost done by the time you find them! (who cares who gets credit, you can’t get any of the loot anyway)

• all the mining events are too high mostly or usually the wrong type of ship, even if you could find someone to run them with.

how is anyone supposed to even participate in the event if the event can’t be found or is already farmed out.

it’s just a great idea gone bad.

I know & truly understand the work that goes behind setting up & running an event like this but there needs to be some more thought put into it.

possibly limit the event once a cap is met & not allowing such massive farming while most of the Eve can’t participate… something needs to be done… turn up the spawns if nothing else… at least I and others might have a chance to get to loot at least one of the gauntlet sites and get to enjoy the event too!

sorry but this game was fun back when it started, now it seems such a chore. sorry to sound so gloomy but it needs to be said.

thanks for trying … but it’s really hard trying to come back to this game… a game I once truly Loved to Play!

To be blunt, get out of the heavily populated areas.

Your entire post is full of contradictions, these two comments probably being the best example. No one can do it because everyone is doing it. No one has accelerators because everyone has accelerators … :upside_down_face:

On the first day I got 97 points and was on level 4 of completing Blood Raider Gauntlets (8 required, I was on 2/8) when I got bored of doing them. I was also on level 4 of bounty hunting (10m required, mostly earned from doing the aforementioned Gauntlets) and I was on level 4 of mining (at which point they switched to Ores I couldn’t be bothered to hunt for). Completing a Resource War site was a one off, did that easily.

I got a SKIN, loads of clothing and loads of boosters and accelerators.

Now I’ve been playing for less than 3 months so I’m no expert, but I managed the above, basically by having the sense to do this:

EVE is a big universe with a relatively small playerbase and in some of the Systems I was in there were 2 Gauntlets up at a time. Plenty to go around if you know where to look.

1 Like

Dude, really??

Personally i thin kthis years Crimson Harvest is success, more so than previous attempts.
As someone pointed out, most people can participate just by doing their normal thing. Which is a very good thing, nobody feels forced to participate.

Now on the other hand…
@Levi you really need to shut up, go hunt the things like every one else for starters instead of relying on the Agency map, and 2nd as Chan’aar already pointed out move away from populated areas fro better luck and more spawns.

In my experience so far, there are plenty of Gauntlet spawns because less people outside of those who were going to do them anyway are doing them.

1 Like

Gauntlets are shown on Agency interface? Who thought it would be good idea?

Harvest sites are balanced IMO, first pocket full of frigs, second cruiser size rats. It don’t take the eternity to complete. I had some site contested last night. Overall fun.

Talked to some dudes doing sites. SKINs are the main reason to do them this year. People thinks they are great and some of them want to “catch them all”. So they might be the fuel for the rest of the events if accelerators will eventually land in NES.

@CCP_Dragon can you confirm that Battlecruisers and above do not drop from the sites at all and can only be obtained through the NES?

k, glad to see you 3 are having fun!

are ya’ll the ones that were selling so many accelerators in Jita? :slight_smile:
(actually was being conservative because it was more like: some were selling 50-70 not 5 hours after event started)

thx for the replies & being blunt about my bluntness, contradicting my contradictions, & … errr… almost being rude while trying not to be ‘rude’ ??? :smirk:

• I have been running in unpopulated areas (or I thought I was). There’s usually only 1-3 players if that many in my area

• The Agency needs work & this event was a bad time to put it out, if it can’t hold up to it yet. Other than the Crimson Harvest it seems to be fine for normal content. But needs more options or filters. (it’s just not responsive enough)

CCP has always listened to their community (as well as they can). But coming to the forums & saying how ‘Wonderful’ life is for you is good but paints the wrong picture and they really don’t get the truth or any real feedback, then do they.

So… even if the ‘Blue Bird of Happiness’ is happily flying around your ship & you are having a Wonderful Disney Day. :rainbow:

My ‘Blue Bird of Happiness’ got splattered on my ship’s windshield and the blood & gore messed up my Paint! :dealwithitparrot:

So what happened to you is the truth and what happened to the rest of us posting here and apparently all of those people you saw with your own eyes completing them before you got there / selling accelerators before you got hold of any is what … ? :thinking:

There’s a word for people who think their own personal experience is the only truth despite all evidence to the contrary you know :roll_eyes:

And before you suggest I’m saying you can’t post your feedback, of course you can, but you might want to try using ‘I’ a bit more rather than ‘everyone’ and ‘no one’.

im sure those are scams by selling expired accelerator from last year since the name and icon are the same!

2 Likes

I dont even see icon for those accelerators on market, but looks like someone is selling… something. Sell orders are there.

Anything on the market is a scam using last years expired items. As per CCP Dragon’s post here

Due to a slip up this year accelerators can’t be placed on the market until Tuesday at the earliest.

I actually enjoy the options we have now… played a little of everything and I agree that getting into less populated areas is best. However, I think the Blood Raider Gauntlet sites are perfectly set up for some much needed site control.

One of the more frustrating things for a new player (2-3 months in) was getting to the end of the first room and some huge ships jump in piloted by MUCH more experienced players. They would jump to the next room with me and I had no way of competing with their alpha damage for the Battlecruiser spoils.

It would be nice if the acceleration gate into the final room was only unlocked for the person who received NPC aggro or gets the most damage in the first wave and anyone in fleet with them. This would prevent would-be site thieves or just highly experienced roamers from taking sites from us little guys while also giving the unlocked player an option to to bring others into fleet before passing into the next room. Encourages teamwork while weeding out jerks. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

crimson harvest has resulted in myself blocking communication with over 300x player.
due to non content market trade hub market local spam. "contract posting spam"
is this good or bad let the people have a life and sell there trash and leave local?

1 Like

Then learn from the experienced players. This is a competition, like almost everything in EvE. If you want to continue play as a noob and run gated dungeons, there are these new mining sites spawning everywhere.

oh I am well outside the heavy populated area short of going to low sec, every system I go to myself has several people contesting over a site

I’m in populated area and I’m still finding tons of sites. One system had 6, another system had 5. Just going system go system there’s usually one or two sites.
I got 24 the first day, and another 20 today.
Already up to 200 points.
Might head back and drop my stuff off and check out some low sec systems next.

Got some clothes, a few cold iron skins for ships I already bought a long time ago, some fire works, lots of boosters and accelerators. Much better, just like rogue swarm.
Tried and tested successful format is successful. It doesn’t even count as an agency event really cause those past agency events were trash.
Guardians gala is still the best event I’ve experienced cause every site was a new skin.

Probably gotta give this one a 7/10.
If there were more variety in the head hunter skins and they dropped more often id probably give it an 8-9.
10 if it had some new clothing.
I’ve gotten a few rupture skins and Merlin skins but eh I don’t fly them and they aren’t worth anything. And the clothes are just the same old palette swap stuff that’s been around forever.

The main upgrade here everyone should be noticing is no one’s getting locked out of daily tasks and you can actually grind them out on the day you can play and it’s not a daily log in pyramid scheme to try and get points.
Ccp dragon did a good job to get rid of those God awful 20something hour reset timers. This event is much more enjoyable than the past several knock off events but it’s worth noting that much of this event is the same as past events and not the new fangled agency disaster set up.

Also I don’t believe agency shows event sites. It only shows what’s i the current system as far as I can tell and when I looked on sisi. It never showed events in other systems.
The in game maps are all inaccurate. Especially the pilots in system. I wouldn’t waste time messing with the agency map. Just go out and find stuff to do normally.

1 Like