CSM 13 - High Sec Issues/Suggestions/Ideas

It’s not just his or my taste. it’s nobody’s. Nobody does RW, FOBs, NPC mining OPs. Whatever there was else.

And it’s not that activities are bad themselves. They are just unrewarding. All they needed to do to fix was to add and balance the rewards. I mean profit from the new activities is about one tenth of that of Lvl4s/DED combat sites or whatever else highsec people usually do. How could they even hope people would switch.

I don’t understand why they don’t rebalance, revamp what is already there. Noone uses it. And they could.

And new stuff is so isolated and shallow. People always bring up how complex the game is. It was. Older mechanics are complex. That makes them deep, interesting and engaging. I mean look at those charts.

For example, how many professions does T2 or T3 production take. PI, WH Gas huffer, rat hunter, salvager, hacker etc etc … And it’s engaging and rewarding in the end of the day. You get to build/sell/fly cool ships, and everybody uses them. It takes effort of many people playing different playstyles. This is what rewarding is.

What do you do, and what do you get out of running RW? Or FOBs? Or NPC miners? You need to kill rats and that’s it, and you don’t get anything valuable in return. No one uses results of your effort. Its like belt ratting in disguise.

Even earlier stuff like ghost sites, besieged sites, sleeper caches is shallow and dull. They are not interconnected or connected to anything. In ghost sites you get both bpcs and materials doing the same thing - hacking, theres even no faction flavor, they are all the same site.
Sleeper caches when you figure them out are dumb isk faucets.

And latest Abyssal Deadspace is like that too, you do the same thing over and over, kill rats in this case, and you get it all , the mods, bpcs and even materials, in the same place, doing the same thing.

Shallow, unengaging, dull.

4 Likes