CSM 13 - High Sec Issues/Suggestions/Ideas

Sorry but I have to be the devil’s advocate here…

If we increase the drone’s speed it will need to sacrifice the space it can carry for the bigger engines. The combat drones are equiped with MWD units to give them acceleration benefits. You can mitigate the drones sloth like behavior with a Drone Navigation Computer right now.

So to give that increased mining drone speed we would need to sacrifice on other aspects.

Lol, what about all the ammo the combat drones have to carry? Heck even the salvage drones have a velocity greater then the mining drones. I am just saying something needs to be done. I don’t care that is giving the ships that should be using mining drones a role bonus or a general increase to all mining drones. I am just asking it to brought forward to CCP in some way.

But why is this even needed? In terms of mining yield and cycle it better to use modulated strip miners on asteroids that multiple players are mining. Mining drones bring in so little in terms of yield they aren’t worth worrying about.
Edit: if you absolutely need to have better mining drone yield and speed there are rigs and modules for that.

Tell me when the last time you reloaded a combat drone.

This is needed because the Ore faction technology should have advanced along with the rest of New Eden but they are lagging behind. All of the Ore faction technology short of the Rorqual, Industrial Core model, and Excavator series of drones are all way under powered. If the Ore technology would have keep pace with other factions the Ore ships would not be SUCH an EASY gank. The Ore technology should have been more advanced since all of their ships are so weak and conflict drives innovation.

The reason the drones need a velocity increase or the ships a roll bonus is because the best place for a booster is in the middle of a fleet. That makes a 64 km round trip for mining drones. The mining drones are just to dang slow! There is no reason that the mining drones are not at least 1,000 km/sec.

ORE ships being an easy gank!?!?
Edit: Before the mining barge balance pass of 2012

I watched a single catalyst take a hulk into structure before being Concorded, the only reason he survived was due to the Orca pilot landing RR just in time.

The fact that it takes more than a single ship to gank them now says a lot.

Doesn’t look behind to me…

I take it you’ve never flown a Skiff. You can easily get a battleship level tank on them. Oh, I almost forgot. You lose so many ORE ships because you go for the max yield paper-thin ones and don’t bother to tank them. And it also helps to not be AFK with your thumb up your ass watching Netflix while you mine…

1 Like

Ore technology is behind the curve. Since you want to use the Orca’s role bonuses. The Orca is a capital ship, all be it a low end capital ship. If you take the Orca and compare it to any other low end capital ship it is behind then in technology. If you compare the mining barges against any other ship that costs the same isk, the mining barges are under powered. That is why a single catalyst or maybe two can kill a barge any day of the week. If you would like to compare tech II ships, we can compare the exhumers against any tech II ship in the same isk range and the exhumers will be out classed as well.

Since the Ore faction home is out in null sec which is a very dangerous place, their technology should be on par with any other faction but they are way behind the curve.

It’s because lazy ass AFK miners go for max-yield over max-tank. A properly tanked Skiff takes between 10 to 15 Catalysts to gank, and if you aren’t AFK you’ll notice that many gankers come on-grid and warp out…

1 Like

If you take any non-combat ship and compare it to a combat ship you’ll find the same issue.

I can build a Procurer that can tank better than any cruiser.

This would signify that you are not flying a Procurer and have not trained skills necessary to tank with it. That would not be a design flaw.

1 Like

The Ore ships should have not advanced along beside the combat ships that were being used against them. Predator and pray evolve together but not in this case.

I am not debating that but I am debating that the Ore ships are way behind the curve.

My skills and fits are not an issue or up for debate here. I have seen multiple procurers killed by two cats.

I’m sure you have. Did you even bother to look at their fit and see why it was so easy to kill them? I didn’t think so.

Long story short, you lazy ass miners simply want to fit your barge for max yield with little tank, go AFK, and still survive a gank attempt…

2 Likes

I’ve also seen 3 cats die to a proc. You merely are discounting the fact that people can fit a battle version of the ship and a mining version.

1 Like

Yes i have looked at zkillboard to see how the defenders and attackers were both fitted. Thanks for asking. While some miners maybe afk or lazy as you call them. That has nothing to do with the lack of Ore technology evolving.

So when ships survive they are lacking technology and need a buff?

It has nothing to do with ORE technology not evolving. It has everything to do with players simply not tanking their ships. This is an open-world, everywhere, 24/7/365 PvP game. If you want higher yield, then you must accept the consequence of being easier to gank. That’s YOUR CHOICE, not the fault of ORE ships.

Fit a Procurer or Skiff for max tank and you will have near-zero problems from gankers. Ever. Why? Because there are much easier, untanked targets all over the place…

For example, this almost completely untanked Skiff still took 10 gankers to take out. No damage control, no shield rigs, and a piss-poor tank in the mids, and it still took that many…

Here’s another genius with absolutely zero tank on a 300 million ISK mining ship…

The fails of:

1: Passive tanked.
2: Ice miner with a survey unit.
3: MWD.
4: 0.5 system.
5: Wasn’t just 10 gankers. Look at the system. They used a TON of alts in newbships to provoke Concord.

That’s probably worth the support ticket…