Curved warp paths

Indeed, one just needs to get up to speed to warp so you have that time window to catch them or you have to chase them if you want to destroy them. Poorly set-up gatecamps are easy to escape from, but not so with a good set-up. If I’m in a frigate/destroyer and an insta-lock thrasher catches me on the bounce I can kiss my ship goodbye as he’ll deliver full damage before I can get my tank online. Cruisers, battlecruisers, and battleships are all much easier to catch.

Strictly speaking this wouldn’t change warping off of a gate in Low, since when you jump through your ship (regardless of what the client is showing you) isn’t actually facing any given direction, so you’ll always take the listed time to warp off grid after a gate jump regardless of direction.

This does’t really change that this is a bad idea though. There’s no good reason for a buff to ships escaping every other possible situation.

1 Like

Just have to have a fast lock speed and enough points to stop someone.

@Elzon1, care to respond to this?

FYI you’ve double-quoted me for some reason.

That’s not how this works. As soon as I hit warp if I’m aligned I’m no longer lockable. Also someone warping in on me has to leave warp before they can lock or scram me, so bare minimum I’ve got a couple of seconds to hit warp.

Please please please go read about the mechanics you’re looking to take a sledgehammer to before posting ideas like this.

This is kind of what it would look like (the curve is only to realign to the destination while in warp):

For it’s usefulness/convenience.

So, basically just a massive buff to getting off grid in a hurry.

You’ve completely failed at any point in this thread to justify why such a buff is desirable or needed. Not everything that is convenient to an individual player is good for the game. It would be amazingly convenient if I could jump my ship to a valid Cyno anywhere in the Eve Universe. It would also be incredibly broken. This is the same thing. There is absolutely no way to catch a ship with this system after they hit “warp” unless you manage to get a bubble onto them before they slide off grid, which would be about two ticks under most circumstances, or less than the amount of time it actually takes a ship to drop out of warp after it appears on grid.

Just no.

I don’t understand this image. Why is the path looping back on itself? Please explain it to me.

So you say they’re not going to nerf bubbles into irrelevancy, but you’re still saying they’re convenient…

It’s a dog fighting maneuver. Basically a backflip but you have to barrel roll obviously to be right side up.
Theres also one where instead of doing that you barrel roll first and then do a backflip so your approaching from beneath.

Has nothing to do with space so dunno why he’s posting it lol.

1 Like

He’s basically trying to justify this as somehow not affecting bubble intercept pathing at all because instead of looping around the system the ship will, for whatever reason, warp off and then loop back onto the path it would have gone on if you had aligned normally.

As near as I can tell OP really hates having to turn and align to the thing he wants to warp to before he warps to it. Never mind how stupidly OP this would be.