Cynabal for Blitxing Lvl3?

Hello all,

I’ve got a Cynabal some time ago and I want to use it to blitz level 3 security missions and gain some standing.
I’m not looking for the best blitzer, but I want to be sure it is viable.

This is an experimental fit I’ve simulated, but I being the first time using a projectile ship I’m not sure about it.

[Cynabal, L3 Blitz]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

My doubts are mostly about Arty vs AC: I’m not sure if Arty could be more useful for blitzing than AC, even if the hull Gal Cruiser V +50% fallof bonus.
The other doubt is about rigs: bettere extenders than purgers? I’m a fan of purgers, but in the fitting tool extenders give me more ehp

Thanks in advance for your advice

1 Like

That will absolutely do the job fine, but an active tank is usually stronger than a buffer tank for less slots. You can then use the free slots to increase utility, maneuvrability, and warp speed, which is going to be your biggest problem when running level 3’s.

e: try this oversized ab fit…

[Cynabal, Cynabal fit]

Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma M
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Drones/ammo to taste, switch hardeners to mission specific if you like, it will be a bit stronger.

Needs that bit of bling to make it all fit.

Could swap a te for a nano, to slightly improve align times.

3 Likes

Lvl 3s you can blitz in almost any cruiser. When I 1st started playing this game I was doing L3 security missions in a rail fit catalyst all T1 fit with lvl 2-3 skills. Granted it wasn’t blitzing and took time, but it still stands as “proof of concept”.

So as stated above, just get a rep module instead of all passive buffer and you’re set.

However, I take it you are currently training something for L4s while doing the L3s ? If so, just go VNI or Gila, you will get better results and more optimal training path in the longrun, not waste so much time. VNIs are also much cheaper then Cynabals if you do lose 1.

As for the upcoming trig content, you can run lvl 1 sites in anything, lvl 2 you will need to have some skills developed and stick to matching ship type + fit to filament, lvl 3+ you will not be able to do with skills below lvl 5 or super expensive bling (around 2bil+ per ship), which makes them completely not worth running.

2 Likes

Hello, your Cruiser fit will work, but that shield buffer tank has a signature size of 2 Battleships, meaning it’ll be very easy to lock and hit.

Granted Shield Extender buffer fits are easy to do, However I suggest taking that down a few notches and increase your shield resistance some more. You have the right idea with plugging the EM hole in the shield with a rig as well as adding a Damage Control and Invul Field module.

I did a little EFT and came up with this fit:

Cynabal Tech 2

The Implants are what my character currently has installed. The Probe Launcher can be replaced with a T2 Nos if needed. I suggest running Barrage ammo for long distance snipe action to take out small hull class ships, then switch to Republic Fleet Phased Plasma and launch Tech 2 Drones for up-close combat on medium to large hull class ships. Use Hail ammo and Drones on structures and slow moving large hull class ships.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your advice.

I just want to fly the ship (and the fit) to try new playstiyles.
I haven’t blinged it just because of this “experiment”.

I usually fly mostly Missile/drone ships, so I’m new with turrets (even if I have skilled them) and want to learn.

Actually I’ve noticed taking more damage than usual, I’ll try your fits :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you like the cynabal, I bet you would love the vagabond… :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.