Delete

(O_o)

27 Likes

Yeah, sad that the community isn’t the same anymore, most of those who cared are no longer here.

10 Likes

Its 360. I am serious.

7 Likes

HyperNet will be the new market for all available items. Who is gonna put a carrier up for 1.2 Billion on the open market when they can get a few dozen people to crowd-fund 5 Billiion for it? Then, when a player wins that carrier for 150 Million… or even if they spend 1 Billion on nodes, why wouldn’t they just re-sell it on the HNR right after for the same 5 billiion or more? Causing the open-market price to skyrocket. 4 Bill carriers being sold just to be placed on the HNR. Recycle recycle recycle.

Haven and Sanctum bounty ticks will quickly look like bounty payouts for Level 1 mission rats do now. Entirely irrelevant.

Items will be bought off the open market just to sell on the HNR and then just re-sold on the HNR over and over and over and over…

Lol. Remember those commercials where there are people around a conference table asking “What could go wrong?” followed by a 10 second chain of cataclysmic events following what seemed to be a small change to a product or policy?

Yeah, CCP doesn’t ask questions before doing stuff.

12 Likes

What are you talking about? It’s a “free market” feature and not “gambling”.

sips coolaid

10 Likes

Absolutely unreal.

But it happened.

Majority from that poll I made was right. If we would have the power of democracy here, HyperNet would not exist.

10 Likes

The problem with democracy in this game would be null deciding to remove all WHs and gates to their regions

3 Likes

Stop that, all of your kool-aid belongs to Hilmar, who should know better than to indulge in his own stash.

5 Likes

The moment I heard about it from a corpmate and then looked up the dev blog on the launcher, I knew I would probably never be using it as either a seller OR a buyer. Just do what I do: pretend it doesn’t exist, same as extractors and injectors, which I’ve never used.*

*I did use some injectors when CCP gave us the drugs last X-mas that made it where 100+ mil SP toons could inject injectors at 100% SP rate, and I probably will again this X-mas if they give us that drug again. I’m weak. But that was the exception, the only time, and… yeah. I wasn’t alone. ;D

3 Likes

If this is the kind of stuff you’re worried about, you don’t have enough ISK worth being scammed. lmao

[citation needed]
lmao, how new are you, kid?

It’s not just about being scammed, it’s about having the legitimate deals buried in an endless sea of worthless scam garbage that is fooling nobody. The last thing EVE needed was another instance of Jita local.

1 Like

Reality check :

CCP isn’t really CCP anymore.

It’s PA.

Hellmar got his cash and pretty much left the boat at this point.

Eve is now just one of PA’s milkcow, so anything goes to sustain it.

The Eve we all once knew, is long dead.

I wouldn’t support this game anymore, imo, not if you have respect for what the game once was.

8 Likes

TBH, I don’t think it’s such a terrible thing for CCP to have implemented. I believe they could have probably used the dev time it took to do something better, more useful, less controversial.

However, CCP and EVE definitely needed/still needs to expand their cash shop beyond skins, injectors and Plex. That’s just not a sustainable product line for the long term. And the nature of EVE eliminates a lot of the standard ‘cash shop’ items.

So with Hypernet Relay they have implemented a standalone product, that doesn’t require changes to other parts of the game, that is completely voluntary on both sides, where the Plex/$$ cost is borne by the people making the offering rather than those buying in.

All in all, it’s one of the less player-hostile, “CCP shot themselves in the foot again” additions they’ve made recently.

(Note: this is purely from a game-mechanic, cash shop expansion point of view - completely ignoring the whole “OMG it’s gambling!” debate for this purpose.)

1 Like

You can go a bit farther and send ticket requesting disabling it.

You can submit a ticket (click here or hit F12 in-game and click “Go to Help Center”) and under the Game Play Support → Game Play → General Questions category request in the Description field that the HyperNet is deactivated in your client. You will have to replicate this process for each one of your accounts.

Then the icon is gone, and you cant view HerpesNet links in local.

3 Likes

I could even agree with this if this feature was there in isolation and without the last 5 or so years of additions of “microtransactions” on top of a subscription model. Yes, it is free2play’ish, but a big part is still locked behind a paywall which makes it practically indistinguishable from the days when this was a pure subscription game. If you want to play somewhat competitive you kinda have to go omega.

I’m totally fine with either one of this business models for games, but to shuffle them all into the same 15 year old game is a bit rich in my eyes. They implement ever more ways to leech more money out of the same game while tuning down the actual development, not even trying to come up with a vision for its future.

I state this same thing since the introduction of the extractor. It was so obvious they where not finished. Now here we are, they added gambling as yet another way to monetize the game. Do you think they are done yet? I don’t think so, at least not if they don’t get any significant backlash at all and people are still defending those practices. From the looks of it this will clearly continue.

And about the gambling, I get that some make the “because of the children” argument. But that isn’t even what cracks me up. It’s more like a big neon sign with a statement about how today’s CCP is more than willing to attempt to trick part of their player base who may very well get addicted to this into parting with their money just because they think they can get away with it.

Think about that for a second. Are they still trying to create an awesome game or just a trap to leech money?

It’s pretty clear to me since ~2 years that I will not give them any money until this changes. If it doesn’t, fine, I can still play it, occasionally even might, but not giving them money is the only vote I have to show my dissatisfaction with what they do. As with all votes, it has no impact on it’s own but only if others do the same, I have no illusions about that and I’m probably a small minority. I’m fine with that, there are more other awesome games than ever out there.

5 Likes

Well yeah it’s certainly got that potential. Hence the “they could have done something better with their time”. (Note: your quotes got kind of chopped up and it makes your post hard to read.)

Completely agree. My comment was more along the lines of “well at least they tried something and didn’t completely screw it up”.

But yes, extractors, log in rewards, and gambling mechanisms mean they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to create income and simulate player activity. It’s the lowest of low hanging fruit. CCP appears, as you say, to have given up on creating a better game and are simply looking for cheap tricks to eke a little more income and activity out of what they already have.

I should point out that the whole Triglavian element they’ve put in has been, in my mind, somewhat of a success. It doesn’t interest me particularly but it is at least the sort of thing they should be working on. So they haven’t completely dropped the ball, just fumbled it on 8 out of 10 tries, I guess.

6 Likes

No they absolutely do not need to add more F2P cash shop trash to EVE. If anything they need to remove the things that already exist.

2 Likes

Except… all the issues people are reporting about the ‘claim item’ not working… :expressionless:

I’d be fine with this if they stopped also charging monthly to play the game.

Could not agree with this more! My yearly sub has been cancelled, will see if I can be bothered to try and come up with the required isk to plex and if not, well it was fun while it lasted.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Players who cared were replaced with krabs and wet bots who don’t even pay attention to anything beyond what’s right in front of them.

1 Like

Interesting… But does it just remove the entire line of text from that person? Or just the link? Not that anyone spamming a link to a hypernet dealie in a local channel is probably posting anything else, but… well, maybe some normal old contract links, which are usually worthless as well. But I suppose we can’t go just removing all contracts from our channels, someone might actually need to send us something. ;D