Dev blog - A Tribute To CCP Blaze – An Incredible Community Effort

Just before the holidays, we released a Dev Blog that detailed the devastating loss of CCP Blaze, a long serving member of our Audio & Graphics Team here at CCP Iceland.

In the blog, we detailed a fundraiser to support his fiancée and one year old daughter here in Reykjavík.

Today, we’re ready to share the results, and as we do so, we offer our most sincere gratitude to the community for your incredible generosity and support.

You can read the full details, in this Dev blog.

15 Likes

It’s sad that he’s gone, but hopefully this will help ease things for his family.

The cyno is now lit.

4 Likes

Glad to see that it turned out so well. I did expect a high number, but this is amazing.

2 Likes

Definitely proud of the Eve Community here. This is us at our best.

3 Likes

o7

The Cyno is now lit.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I hope it helps a little

2 Likes

This is why I still play after all this time, this is why I dragged my ass to Iceland to meet people I only refer to with in game monikers…This is Eve.

4 Likes

7o Blaze

2 Likes

I love this community. Thank you CCP for making this a cause that we could contribute towards.

The Cyno is lit.

o7 Blaze.

3 Likes

It’s just like the Minmatar say: We come for our own.

O7

4 Likes

Thank you CCP Blaze for all the hard work, o7
Thanks CCP in general for such a nice initiative, I’m sure CCP Blaze’s family appreciated it.

3 Likes

o7

Good job community

3 Likes

Thats EVE we are all brothers here not like other games!

3 Likes

Eve family :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This should be the top eve news. And deserves more attention.

2 Likes

There aren’t any words to describe this, but “epic,” “badass,” and similar words may, with some long-winded speech, come close.

It is times like these that help me keep what’s left of my faith in humanity. There’s always one good person in the crowd, and I’m happy to see this belief reinforced by my fellow capsuleers’ efforts.

3 Likes

Impressive,

Much respect to the Eve Online Community.

o7 Blaze

1 Like

Thank you CCP for giving us the opportunity to show our sympathy to the family of Blaze. The sense of loss is palpable… I can only hope the donations help dampen the blow to know that they are not alone in their grief even tho most of use knew him only from afar…

2 Likes

Once again my condolences to his family.

Thank you to all of CCP and the community for reminding me why I’m still subbing to this game.

o7

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.