Then, the next time the agent is awoken by a character interaction, the inverse happens. The binary blob for that agent is fetched from the database and deserialized to turn it back into a Python object, which is then injected into the running agent, thus restoring its memory. (In Python, this process is also known as pickling and unpickling.)
This part struck me in particular in this tech mumbo-jumbo. I immediately thought to myself “CCP will NEVER be able to get this right”. Then I proceeded to run a mission for my research agents. And I was immediately proven correct:
Bummiri only sixtupled and didn’t do more. Pirsapir started with 5 duplicates and added a few more with every session change timer until I delivered the Distro Mission. Qerray started with 3, added another 3 when I undocked and added another 2 instances when I delivered the mission.
1 Like
This process will take months, rather than days
2 Likes
What’s the point of your weird comments all the time? This process has been going for months already, as per this blog, and it’s yielding funny results, which are in line with what you can expect from CCP.
Personally, I do not mind dumb quirks. Can I please keep the free upgrade to 124 and 121 RP per cycle for Pisarpir and Querray, please? 
1 Like
this literally just started moving this part of the process today… if you bothered to read it… before and after 29 sept 26.
The development of this feature move started months ago. This kind of project does not start “just now” when they release a dev blog:
This work has already begun behind the scenes. We recently updated how we load and save Agent Memories.
The process of pushing it to front end may have started just now but if those months of work already yield this kind of funny result, it shines a poor light on the rest of the process already. Learn to read and comprehend, Geo.
Did the same missions again today. Agents are again multiplying in the list.
1 Like
My real question for this migration is the older accounts that are now alpha.
If we are required to do one mission with the agents, but are restricted by alpha to L1-L3 only, will this require us to pay for omega to do the migration and keep the agent and info intact? Or will there be a one time grace period instilled just for R&D agents?
I could imagine that you are required to use one of the few/many 3-day-Omega offers from events or somesuch to go Omega to run the agents.
I know this change isn’t related to standings, but many of my secondary alts were doing the old Career agents in regular HS, since it was said in March that there was no more derived negative standings by completing the career agents storylines. Except that many of the agents are buggy and still gives the negative derived standings (actually, similar to the OP situation maybe, it gives the old standing tics with negative derived standing AND the new standing tics without negative derived standings). I haven’t seen the bug fixed (submitted a ticket twice) in the Patch Notes. I think it is an easy to fix, since some career agents works fine, they probably just need to remove the call to the function that trigger the negative standing and keep the call to the one without.
Anyway, my point is, I don’t want to lose the progress (they are almost all stalled at mission 9 or 10, waiting for the fix), and I also don’t want to run tens of alts all over HS to start a convo with all their remaining agents to keep the “memory”, especially if the bug isn’t fixed.
Back when I wrote and maintained code for paying clients I would have been ashamed to tell a customer that I’d done a really, really crap job of future-proofing my code and that I would now be requiring them to do a time consuming task so that my workload in fixing the problem was minimized. I’d have done the extra hours to cover my shame and fix the problem I created in the background without ever bothering the customer. My problem, my obligation to fix. I’ve been coding for more than 50 years now and as far as I can see the standard just drops and drops (as the self-congratulation rises).
Is vibecoding still a thing? I thought (hoped?) that bubble had burst already. I can’t tell you just how many “non-programmers will be able to build applications themselves RSN” fads I’ve seen since I started programming a classic PDP-8 in hand assembled machine code back in '69 but its a LOT. You certainly can fool some of the people all of the time.
I think recently it became stronger than ever as people now can make entire games using it, and the same tools can also create assets using the tools of your computer (2D / 3D art, etc., so not just AI image generation, but actually using your Photoshop / GIMP / Blender / etc.) and of course can use your Unreal Engine or other engine of choice and code the game for you based on your description.
You can check around on Reddit where people tend to post about their projects and related info about the latest AI models. There are also some useful YouTube videos that analyze how useful, efficient, cost effective, clean code, etc. they are. But if anything it is definitely becoming a major trend recently if anything so don’t think it will go away anytime soon if ever.

And of course actual dedicated programmers can put it into much better use than someone who just uses general prompts and goes from there.
1 Like
Yeah I was being a little tongue-in-cheek. I’ve actually spent quite a few happy hours recently with Claude trying to work out how to adapt the Lomb-Scargle Periodogram algorithm to situations where the period is inexact and the wave shape is not just a single sinusoid but rather a series of harmonically related waves of slowly varying relative amplitude. AI is a whole lot better now than it was a few years back and Claude has come up with a lot of genuinely useful ideas (along with a bunch of terrible howlers) and the code it writes mostly compiles now. Still, to build useful business applications you need to understand the business very fully and someone who has no deep experience with those skills will always struggle - no matter who they handball the coding work to. Very interesting world we live in. … and thanks for the specific detailed use case, which I’ll have a look at when I get a moment.
1 Like
This was likely my sad assumption as well.
Having to pay to keep what we already have and doing meaningless tasks on top of it just seems shoddy.
I am really hoping that CCP/FC makes an exception here. Course it likely will be on how many use cases there are of this issue out there.