Dev blog: New Chat Backend Coming With The March Release

Lies! The entire server and all its components are really being run on an old Commodore64 in someone’s basement.

2 Likes

Really? Why does the UI then freezes for 10+s everytime I open assets, industry, market, agency, etc.?

2 Likes

If it’s 10 seconds, you are lucky. When I try to load the ban list of a chat, it freezes my game for minutes.

Try that in Jita and you’ll be grateful it is only 10+ seconds elsewhere. :wink:

Yeah, sometimes more, and there is no reason something like that blocks the UI except a crappy programmed client. Block the window (hourglass) but not the rest of the UI.

Of course and I agree, was just a joke. This is one of many things CCP should fix.

About lost character counter from upper-right corner in Local - solved in CCP way

2 Likes

Yes. We need that character counter back. It was very helpful, especially when one has many open channels and cannot always see the count in the channel header.

4 Likes

This message is long over due but RL sometimes takes over. There is a change in chat system that really should be addressed. Change so that only channel owner is able to give channel operator status is just breaks a lot of stuff. At least for us. I wonder could this be fixed back to old way so that channel operator could name another operator.

Vasama

@CCP_Falcon been a while since it’s been mentioned: Will Alliance MOTDs be restored soon? <3

I don’t see how you can spoof it if all of the ACL’s are handled server side. Its like trying to control access to a jabber channel without admin. Doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.