Dev blog: Upwell 2.0 - Structures Changes Coming On February 13th!

Really like Vily’s response here.

1 Like

The good news is that this is already how the damage caps work. A fleet that is just barely hitting the damage cap (or just barely pausing the timer) of a structure at normal speed will also be doing the same thing to the structure at 10% TiDi. We spent time both reviewing the code and testing it ourselves to make sure that this was the case.

1 Like

Maybe just increase the repair timer outright? 15 mins is short but 15 mins in any kind of TiDi is a real struggle, even increasing it to 15/20/30 based on structure size would be cool, as you’re never gonna see an XL fight without TiDi anyway.

5 Likes

You plan your evacuation when your set up your hole so you know what you are doing before ■■■■ hits the fan. It’s called being prepaired.

If someone truly wanted to kick your sandcastles over, they pretty much will, no matter are you using citadels or POS. This doesn’t actually change anything in that regard. Sure, you might have more people take a shot at your citadel to see if you come out to fight, but it won’t increase the amount of real evictions.

I’ve been part of small sent large wh-corps, lived in both high- and low- class wormhole, been evicted and have evicted people.

If you truly are only a handful of pilots, then you shouldn’t rely on any structure to keep your stuff safe. Safety on W-space is only temporary after all.

1 Like

Why would they.

I believe it was done that way for all the rest of the moons when they were re-seeded…why wouldn’t they follow the same procedure for the 0.5 moons?

Any update on the feedback you’ve gotten on the shitty chat bubbles?

2 Likes

Incorrect. The seeding for lowsec and nullsec moons was not performed until the day of the Lifeblood patch.

Given the current phrasing it could go either way.

Scenario:

• Structure is in low power mode. It has something cheap like a clone bay fitted but offline with 10 days of fuel in storage.
  • Structure comes under attack and a gunner rushes over / logs in to arrive there before the structure enters RF.
  • First gunner action is to online some modules - specifically the clone bay. This is possible as the structure isn’t in final RF yet.
  • Structure goes in to RF. Code checks for an active service module, finds that there is one and so calculates an armor RF.

Everything else I can think of the RF mechanics are linked to a state check at the time the RF threshold is hit. From the scenario above that would be a bad move.

1 Like

Again, the issue isn’t the loss of infrastructure, it’s the amount of time you have to react to it. Heaven forbid if some of us actually have lives away from internet spaceships.

2 Likes

You can’t online modules or services while under attack.

1 Like

The time isn’t that much shorter than it was previously and it’s actually longer with upwrll-structures than with POS.

Except POS’s could be set up in minutes, they didn’t provide a beacon in space so everyone could see what you’re doing with zero effort, and you had safety in numbers with the potential of grinding. Also you could set up 10 smalls to deter eviction for the cost of just one Citadel. Once POS’s are gone, there will be no options with a 24 hour anchor. You’re just ■■■■■■.

3 Likes

Did you read any of the posts by Fozzie? What you are looking for is there.

Do you mean the “future possibility of smaller upwells”? I’ve been around long enough to know “ideas” and “long term goals” can mean a decade or more, if ever. POS’s will be on the chopping block long before then I’m sure.

2 Likes

Am i reading this right, tidi doesn’t effect cit repair timers? not like that would be easily exploitable or anything…

Soon there will literally be no risk in sov 0.0 for fear of upsetting some special set of snowflakes

You are basically complaining that CCP didn’t take into account the minority of minority use-cases for POS when they set out to get new structures released. You are refusing to adapt to the new situation and stomping your feet.

The chance of you getting evicted due to citadels over POS is quite small due to how boring evictions are. Even if you lost your citadel, you likely will have made the cost up with ISK from sites before you lose it.

Yes, you may have less time to prepaire, but you also have more chances to defend with citadels over POS. And you cannot kill the guns on a citadel.

1 Like

I’m saying CCP gave zero consideration to those who don’t log in every single day. Even if I get my ■■■■ out, what about the next guy who logs in every other day who will lose all their stuff from his hangar? 3 days was already short, especially compared to k-space. Now it’s basically impossible for an individual who doesn’t log in daily. Regardless of your opinions, it doesn’t change that. As I said, some of us have lives outside of video games. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

You live in the most dangerous part of the game, limit yourself to playing alone or with few friends and expect not have to adapt to the changes?

CCP have given you 2 timers, both set at the time you want, they have you a station with strong weapons that cannot be disabled, they have you notifications that you can get on your phone if needed. What more do you want?

Yes, your previous tactic of spamming POS won’t work. Adapt and figure out new ones.

When I first joined a WH-corp, 7 years ago, I was taught to consider anything I brought to the hole already lost. When did that change?

2 Likes

Congrats for maintaining your second job in EVE online. Many of us don’t have that luxury. I discussed the WH timers with devs at EveVegas in 2016, and that “increased risk” was found in the fact that timers were only 3 days, an amount of time everyone acknowledged was incredibly short. Again, nothing you’re saying rectifies the fact you need to play daily if you want to WH, which is bull ■■■■.

1 Like