Dev blog: Upwell 2.0 - Structures Changes Coming On February 13th!

It never has.

1 Like

Highsec?

2 Likes

All the corporations I’ve been in so far have been very much RL>Eve.

The difference between you and me if that I understand what it takes to live in W-space while you cut off your own hands, refuse to ask for help and then complain that live is hard.

I’m guessing you have never done a wormhole-eviction?

1 Like

I have, and there was nothing wrong with the existing system for evictions. 20 minutes per day for 3 days wasn’t an insurmountable task. I’ve also removed Upwell’s in k-space which takes much, much longer. I’m sorry if you seem to think that’s a massive undertaking.

I don’t know how many times I need to point this out to you, but the problem isn’t losses or difficulty, but the new mandate that requires everyone to log in nearly daily under these changes… a concept that you just can’t seem to grasp. Even in a larger group, you’ll have even more people losing assets for no other reason than not being full-time Eve players, which is pretty ridiculous.

3 Likes

@Vexxer_Khashour I already told you this!

You have this magical thing called an API. It allows you to get in game mails as normal email. You get such a mail when someone shoots your structure.

WH space isn’t meant to be easy. POS spam was terrible for WH. If you cannot handle WH space then don’t be in WH space.

1 Like

Then I would have assumed that you knew that the timer was set so short because it’s very tiring to hold hole-control 24 hours a day for longer than a weekend. As well as it leading to issue with work and all that.

You assume that someone will attack your structures every day? Because that’s the only way you’d have to log in every day. I mean Sheesh. Whose the Eve-addict now? I’ve heard of tinfoil, but you don’t have to eat it.

You only need to show up for the last timer really. If you are so time-constrained

Oh and you get to even set the time for the last defence!

1 Like

Eve has always been about risk, don’t bring ■■■■ in to whs if u can’t lose it doesn’t matter if u have a “life” everyone has a life , though I do agree with you about the fact that some kind of pos replacements are needed , cits in there current form are cancer and can be spamed to much , you complain about having a life well I have one too and don’t wanna login 3 days in row at 2 am to kill abandoned cits, you need to realize your point of view isn’t the only one, your not the only one with a life as you keep saying, some compromise is needed here because cits are cancer but poses do need a replacement and cits are not it

1 Like

Awesome, and as I’ve told you, many of us have lives that don’t allow us to just hop into a game for a few hours on a whim.

What you’re basically saying is “Accept this as a second job or go ■■■■ yourself” which is the wrong answer.

1 Like

@Vexxer_Khashour It sounds like you should stick to hi sec then. WH space is quite specifically meant to be difficult. Feel free to still daytrip in.

Also, I highly doubt that you actually played during the POS era because this is not a new thing for WHs.

2 Likes

I’m still confused:

• Why is there no difference in Ore types of moons in highsec and those in w-space? Couldn’t w-specific Ores have been added?
  • No difference in timers between Class 1 systems (mostly casual players and small corps) and Class 6? (Mostly very organized and active groups?), or from 0.4 to 0.0?
  • Doesn’t SOV space gain bonus’s to their structures depending on how much they rat/mine?
  • Tidi is now a solid way to defend citadels?
1 Like

… much like the anti-casual player comments in the forums.

5 Likes

Even a casual player can easily hold a citadel in WH space. We’re anti-lazy. You expect to put in zero effort and get spoon fed. If you want that, go to hi sec.

You’re like the chubby kid that comes to a paintball match, complains that everyone is better than him and demands he be able to carry a riot shield.

2 Likes

The fact is Eve is not and has never been a good casual game it’s more like a hobby lol, you need to step back and calm down man no one is trying to attack you we all want to make the game better , it’s not anti casual we are trying to balance the game because it’s full of crazy min maxers who will exploit things like spaming cits ect , it a problem , if you think cits are to easy to kill , tell us how you think killing 30 abandoned cits should be done with out wasting some ones “life” and ruining fun, I want your soultion to the problem because you have offered no alternative

1 Like

@Petra_Akin @Zoltan_Lazar
You realize how comical it is that two people from groups of 400+ are trying to tell me how small groups aren’t being affected by this?

The reason you are so supportive of this is because these changes help no one but groups like yours. Your bias is showing.

3 days was short enough. Changing it to 2 only benefits you. Fact.

1 Like

You could last time I checked. Admittedly that was before they made ammo / fighters unstealable by people with gunner access.

That does make the gunner’s ability to offline all the modules pretty powerful again. Probably something CCP needs to fix one way or another.

1 Like

Once again you attack ppl instead of adding any suggestions , I am being civil and instead of having a good discord you insult me , why ? Can you not think of any soultion? You hole is not the only part of the game , a change has to be made for all parts so give an idea

1 Like

Are reactors changing ? If we can mine the Moon goo rocks in Hisec can we react them in hisec too?

1 Like

Please, show me where I insulted you and I will apologize accordingly.

The solution is clear. As I said, 3 days was made intentionally short in WH’s for increased risk, as discussed with Devs at EveVegas. Making that duration shorter is unnecessary. The current time is short enough to be a considerable risk without negating a large number of players. Groups like yours already get a massive benefit of not waiting for a vulnerability window, reducing the time to react is OP.

3 Likes

It’s changing it to 2 if you take the time to hack it and plan and seed stuff in the hole. It’s more likely to be much closer to 9 days.

The current mechanic is ALWAYS 3 days.

You don’t even know the mechanic that you’re trying to fight against.

Your killboard shows that you haven’t ever even faced an eviction. You’re complaining about a theoretical that not only hasn’t happened yet, isn’t something that you’ve ever come close to experiencing.

You outright lied about having experience with pos’s. It’s an absolute fact that citadels are much harder to evict than a pos, by the simple fact that if a large group attacked a small group’s pos you were guaranteed to get all the loot. There was no way to extract your assets. You used to see ships self destructed en masse. That no longer happens with citadels.

You’re also still thinking of having a single astra. Put down a second and bam, your minimum time goes from 2 days to nearly a full week. Put down a third and no one will even want to take the time to bash.

Citadels have made it far easier for small groups to thrive in WH space.

2 Likes

So you are looking at the current status quo and not factoring in potentially changing.

Your worst case scenario rests on two major assumptions.

1. That the Standup structure has no service module running.

2. That you have all your things in a single Standup structure in that system.

3. Fuelling things is just a cost of living that WHers have lived with since they first moved in. It’s a lot cheaper now than it used to be for a Large POS. There’s also no limit to how much fuel you can dump in the fuel bay (unless I missed that in the patch notes?)

4. Yes for the little group a couple of bil for some extra structures is noticeable. If you are living in a WH it is perfectly achievable though. The higher ISK flow is just the way it is in WHs. Stick in 3 Astras, give them separate timers, spread your stuff between them. If you stick in 7 with one window per day you’d need to be really tempting to be worth the effort of a full eviction.

2 Likes