Devblog: Invasion Tournament Series

It still stands that, when your ability to win relys on factors that aren’t you, you’re not a winner.

You’re saying it yourself, here:

It also means that, with the same functionality for everyone, those you claim to be “better” aren’t better anymore.

2 Likes

What an incredibly small minded perspective. As clearly demonstrated on the eve subreddit as recently as a month ago not every player is fully able bodied yet they still enjoy the same game as we do. Microsoft hit on this perfectly with the ‘We all win’ promotion during the Super bowl yet rigid rules or inflexible viewpoints like this completely ignore an entire group of people, for what, to sound well organised? to sound clever in an internet debate?

4 Likes

All gambling and contests are bad in Eve Online…unless CCP does it :japanese_ogre::japanese_goblin:.

1 Like

There’s nothing to say the “default” for the Tournament needs to be the default settings in the client. And we can look at allowing some modification. The time constraints for a tournament like this are real though so streamlining will remain the top priority. But we can look into it.

That is the plan that we’re working towards.

We will be providing equipment and accounts used during the tournament :slight_smile:

1 Like

THX for the info!!

Then wouldn’t it be super easy to just have a copy of the “base” setup config saved else where on the equipment that you’re providing, and let players do w/e they want, and then just replace the edited config between each match, this can’t possibly take more than a few seconds per computer.

I really want to play in this tournament, but I don’t see my self bothering with it unless hotkeys & overview settings can be tweaked, since thats a large part of how I and many others play.

This seems like a huge waste of time and effort. Tiny player pool due to having to physically be there, huge limitations on UI and hotkeys, no real prep time, etc. This is going to be so non-competitive I’m not sure it’s even remotely newsworthy.

Not sure if I’m reading this right, but will each team be responsible for submitting fits that want to use? Or that 48 hour window is where fits will be posted for teams to see what they will be using? I.e. prefitted ships.

If so, that’s slightly disappointing (though I understand that), because there are lots of ways to fit out a ship. For example, the Brutix can be fit in every tanking configuration and is flown very different for each config.

Might take some surprise and strategy out.

1 Like

Boring format honestly

Why not just pick a popular player PvP overview (we all know the one/two) and load them on the computers? Would take like 30 minutes at most and would vastly improve participation and performance during this tournament. NOBODY that PvPs at a high level uses the standard overview. Pretty much nobody that knows about custom overviews at the click of a button at all uses the standard overview. And the really popular ones are all quite similar really.

Alternatively… you could fix the standard default overview before the tournament, and provide that to everyone, just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

One day ■■■■ posters in the forums will stop starting every post with REEEEEEEEEE i dont like it, maybe they could try something constructive, give a reasonable idea or comment, but i guess not here and not now. one day…who knows?

(I see one or two have actually added something reasonable…)

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

I understand the idea of leveling the playing field to avoid

This will be about pilots, not their theory crafters in the background.

prefitted hulls, but then rules for what and what is not allowed on said hulls . . . I am not quite understanding the rules but then that is pretty normal for me

m

5 Likes

Well, the rules appear to be set to change each time, so I’m not sure if that’s really going to be ‘fair’ or just introduce an element of ‘did you get lucky and get rules you’re good at in the qualifying event?’

1 Like

I’ve never participated in a Tournament Series like this before - is all the hardware at each physical location provided by ccp (computer, monitor, etc)?

Lmao, that made me laugh more than it probably should have. Thank you for that!

Wait, is there no more Alliance Tournaments?

1 Like

There won’t be one this year. They’re committed to retooling and making it better next year.

So little, so late, how many customers did you guys have to lose to notice and do something ?

Still nothing for the big sticking points, still to easy for big corps / alliances to declare war on the small ones. needs to be exactly opposite, unless you’re happy with customer loss rate.

Yes, not every player is fully able bodied. That’s not unfair, it’s how it is. There’s a reason why paralympics exist, seperated from the regular olympics. It would be unfair to those who are disabled, and giving the disabled tools to overcome their disability in a sport, so they can compete with healthy people, is unfair to those who aren’t disabled.

This “everyone’s a winner” nonsense is so far from reality that it’s discriminating against those who really put a lot of effort into actually winning. Most people aren’t winners. They’re idiots. Participation trophies aren’t a sign of success, they’re a sign that you’re a loser who needs to try harder.

The people you’re talking about will likely not appreciate you declaring their victims. Treat them like actual people, so they can keep their dignity.

2 Likes