Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

You are assuming the “gankers” who wardeced are a small gang who can only kill indies.

No, I am assuming the ‘gankers’ are gankers, and not people looking for a fight. Because people looking for a fight aren’t ganking. If you’re going to toss these terms around, use them accurately.

4 Likes

So not highsec.
You know, the place where wardecs mostly happen?

So your point is irrelevant.

We were talking about structure bashes generating content, not war decs.

I’m talking about Highsec wardecs and structure bashes associated with the former.

If you’re not, kindly flag yourself as being off-topic

I’m sorry - you should have been more specific.

As someone recently returning to a small hisec corp after 2 years in nulsec, the wardec change is welcomed, but still not enough to make small corps really viable growth-driver for Eve.

The ease of destruction of medium Upwell structures (the smallest) is an issue for small corps. Especially industrial-focused ones, as all industrial activities revolve around structures (Raitaru and Athanor, also being the weakest of the three).

Having spent ~3 years living out if a POS in w-space, then until EC having a POS in hisec for another 4 years or so, it is laughable how easy medium structures are to destroy in comparison.

Small corporations exist in hisec for a reason. If CCP wants to promote the growth of Eve through small corps, something has to be done to foster their growth.

guy above used the think-of-the-children fallacy.
guy above ignores that the growth into a defending entity is supposed to happen before they anchor a structure.

eating the cake while keeping it, at the same time.

2 Likes

You know, for someone who’s complained before about ‘not in the spirit of the sandbox’, you’re pretty quick to tell people how they’re ‘supposed’ to do things. What happened to the sandbox? Or is that just something to keep other people from telling you how to do stuff?

1 Like

That is an old and tired copy-paste that really doesn’t help advance the discussion.

Will it help if I pat you on the back and admit, “Yes, you are elite, dear!”

Curious: have you ever submitted a research job that takes over a month (just started one for 99 days … everything takes longer in hisec), only to have the owner of the structure stop refuelling and vanish, or for the structure to be destroyed for the N-th time?

It is back to square-one again. Hardly a path to growth for a small entity.

no clue wtf you are on about, and not only does it not matter, i also don’t care.

That’s Sol in a nutshell

He has good times bad times :stuck_out_tongue:

But he’s right about the think of the children part

I had to Google that. I certainly wasn’t invoking it purposely.

I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the wardec change?

okay so you can’t think for yourself, but accuse me of copypasting.

not only are you clueless when it comes to growth of a society, you are älso clueless about how things are meant to work, how they work and how things can not work, which includes what you wrote. you are also clueless about the lasting negative consequences of guaranteeing survival combined with a constant supply of “food” or “satisfaction”, otherwise you would not have written your post in the first place.

i guess i’ve forgotten that 99% of what’s written around here is ignorable and lacks base in actual knowledge, experience and or understanding.

thanks for reminding me! i should not waste my time giving attention to every random joe. my fault for reacting to your irrelevant post. sorry about that.

i won’t be doing that again.
have a nice day anyway.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing Eve here.

You did make me laugh though, so thanks for that.

promise?

Oh txs to clarify me

See, I actually don’t want this to end like it does.

I want this to end differently, where we talk about things and I listen to you, only interrupting you when you get something wrong. Then, after that, I would be addressing what you said and I would explain you that that, of which you think it’s a good idea, actually isn’t.

Sadly we only have a forum, which means you can’t hear my voice. You can’t see me listening to you. You can’t see my hands supporting my words and you can’t listen to the melody created by our combined emotional prosody.

Instead I have to deal with this … forum … and unnatural way of communication.

To my defense, I did not see this post of yours …

… because I was typing on my phone.

So … let me fix this situation.

No, the change is not meant to “think of the children”. The “think of the children” fallacy isn’t just a term someone came up with to “counter” someone who is having a different opinion. It is a mindset that, deliberately or not, tries to push all of society into a certain form, or shape, by pushing it onto those who are the easiest to form and shape and the actual future: our children.

The change in the game of Wars is meant for all of those who only see the option to disband their corporation. CCP attempts to reduce the number of players who quit the game due to a situation they can not, or do not want to, handle.

The problem here, that they are attempting to band-aid (they admitted further changes, which means this is a band-aid likely meant for the gathering of new data), is that there is a mechanic which allows a tiny amount of people - the top wardeccers by amount of wars - to have a huge (mostly) psychological impact onto the many.

That’s the mass wardeccing people are talking about. Most people never get killed, because there are just way too many. The idea alone is what is causing people to stop playing, underlined by all of those who actually explode, which must be much less people than the combined sum of all wardecced.

Addressing Wars isn’t about growing the game. It’s about fixing society.

Moving on to your post.

The ease of destruction of medium Upwell structures (the smallest) is an issue for small corps.

Here you are saying that children are defenseless.

Especially industrial-focused ones, as all industrial activities revolve around structures

Here you are saying that especially the retarded children are defenseless.

Having spent ~3 years living out if a POS in w-space

You lived three years in a POS in w-space, on your own, but the retarded children can’t even hold their structure in highsec.

Yes, they do. Small corporations exist to destroy structures that are aimed at small corps.

I can safely say that the ease of destruction of small (because that’s what they are … they are just called medium) actually is quite beneficial for small corps, because they are relatively easy to destroy for small corps.

I can also safely say that increasing the HP of any structure will only make it much harder for a small corp to destroy one!

Changes do not happen in a vacuum. You always have to consider the impact onto the next generation. Failing to do that leads to unwanted consequences which then have to be addressed seperately, likely also in the wrong way by going the same direction again, which is simply increasing the protection even more.

The reason why this is an actual thing (both observable in the real world, as in EVE ONLINE) is because the next generation did not grow up with the hardships needed to learn to survive.

In the 80s and for all of history before, children had to walk over to play with friends. Only in the last 30-40 years children were able to play with others without leaving their room. The impact on society was gigantic! Our whole social lives changed because suddenly there was a generation which did not need to go outside anymore to find friends to play with!

In regards to your really bad idea about making easily destroyable structures less easily destroyed, with the motivation of helping small corporations by making it harder for them to destroy other people’s structures, I kindly have to respond with:

■■■■ off.

If you have any further questions, I will happily answer them. I will also happily wipe the ignorance out of your brain if you just wish me to do so. All you have to do is ask good questions and you will receive good answers. It would also help if you stopped assuming we’re on equal footing on the matter.

And now please, by all means …

Have a nice day, friend. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The juxtaposition of your arguments and personal attacks amuses me so.

It is as though two different people are composing your posts, as the latter diminishes both you and any credibility of your arguments.

It sort of like invoking Godwin’s Law: any argument doing so is automatically lost.

Your barbs tickle, and will not set in me, so why not expend that energy in convincing everyone that you are indeed not a troll, and that your ideas and arguments are worthy of consideration.

Please keep it simple for us dumb and ignorant rubes. Keep on topic: Eve, not philosophical meanderings.

So far you’ve presented one legitimate rational argument to me. I’ll paraphrase as, “some small corps exist only to bash the structures of other small corps.”

I’ll happily concede that point to you.

However, I’d counter that they are probably fewer players in number, which you have explicitly stated was the case earlier in this thread, and in my experience they tend to be alt-corps, which don’t necessarily add to the subscriber base ($$) as such.

Your argument also appears to be valuing one play-style over the other, which would contradict your previous argument against that.

With the goal to maximize subscriptions and minimizing the loss of ‘Eve-ness’, wouldn’t hisec be the ideal place to cater to those that do not want to engage in conflict?

I know you are not arguing to force people to PvP, as you also already explicitly stated that wasn’t possible.

1 Like

I started back in the days where mercs would activly seek you out and fight you with the old watchlist and to be honest we had also problems with that kind of stuff but it also brought content even thoug i was a new player then but it layed the foundation for everthing i atchived so far in this game.

And i agree its not the problem that i dont want to put a structure cause of ohhh risk its the problem that they can just not do so and i cant give them back for wronging me or my corpmates. And such quarals dont nessecarly go over structures… the first we had was over a belt that another corp saw as their property we disregarded that and so our corps went to war that is the experiance that war should be good for. But with the changes its becoming a mere excuse to structure bash … 2 corps not woning any structure could have the same quaral as we had back then but after this changes they can only gank eatch other silly i see a proper war as a better option … also what a lot of people dont get sure there are wardecs for money and so on but extortion and protection money is a way to play this game look at code.

So having a own structure to be able to wardec people and lose it once you lose that structure rather then having both having a structure would solve a lot of problems (that regard make it it needs to be a HS structure) it gives the defender a goal how to end the war and the attacker keeps the possibilty to impose consequences upon the others.

that consolidation of wardecs that was mentioned somewhere befor true that happend but i need to agree ccp pushed people to form bigger wardec enteties by the increased fee. mabye make the fee dependend on eatch war elegible pilot in your corp so you have to pay for example 4 milion for eatch pilot that would be able to attack a defender cause of that wardec small corps decing big corps never has ben a big issue or it should not be otherwise i am sorry 5 people make 60 to logoff then i am just sorry for that waste of time

and bigger on smaller would technically be possible but 100 vs 10 the attacker would have to pay 200 mil for the benefit of 10 people to shot that is not resonable and would mostly not happen beside you pissed those guys off way over the average but then its a justified cause for war anyhow.

But its ccp they wont listen to anything anyhow so i light a small candel for the content desert HS will become

1 Like