Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

TIL that choosing when I want to agress my WT as a solo deccer was being a carebear :joy:

When the ship (or ammo even) I have costs more than all the ship destroyed in a single war, of course Iā€™m going to choose my fights you doofus :joy::joy::joy:

Iā€™d rather be efficient than careless

Thank you Dom Arkaral for proving my point.

You are the prototype of pvpp wannabe I was talking about. Risk averse pvp player who only looks for the softest targets, who most likely has several decs going as many jumps as possible from where your own structure ( most likely a poco) so you donā€™t have the need to defend anything, you just use an alt of a few, since alphaā€™s are free to be used as scouts.
If somehow they do bring into the game that locator agents can actually locate structures i think you might get your panties all tied up, because heee, now you canā€™t play your own playstyle solo again. Because the big bad soft targets might actually hurt you back.

Itā€™s too easy as a wardeccing corp in high sec to avoid real risk, whereas an indy corp which is deccable has an asset in space they put up there for a reason, which most likely is also their base of operation.
So tracking them down is pretty straight forward if you are the deccer, but as defender all you can do is to step on someone elses playing field and ask yourself which of the sooo many people you see around is actually whispering all the intell over.
So the miner/indy/missionrunner is put at a huge disadvantage because all they can do is adjust completely without much chance of ending the war a tad sooner because they brought the fight back to the attackers doorsteps. Be it themselves or be it hired guns.

And it might look like a sandbox, CCP might even call it a sandbox. But if a certain type of playing in the sandbox has a huge advantage over other styles of playing in the same sandbox i wonā€™t call it a real sandbox but a turkey shoot.

And no, i am not risk averse. i undock during a war, I try to locate opponents, but in high sec the only chance you actually get to fight is when you are decced by one of the huge corporations or alliances, and here and there the rare small corp. But those are as rare as a fight in most of the common wardecs.

1 Like

Please name one tool that ccp has given wardeccers in the past 7 years to help them continue wardecs in anyways way they want.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Youā€™re basically upset that the other players are stronger than you yet you still want to play on the same level as them (with structures). They donā€™t have to make it easy for you. In fact if theyā€™ve been paid to dec you, going easy on you would be bad service.

Learn to manage your exposure.

Risk averse players donā€™t put multi-billion isk hulls on the line whenever they undock

If I were risk averse Iā€™d fly T1 frigs or cruisers and not fighting at allā€¦ but I didnā€™t. But hey, your F1 monkey kb truly shows us whoā€™s risk-averse here :wink: (that 100% not-solo looks really sad mate hahahahahahahahah)

E: last true activity in 2012
I thought people that started long before me werenā€™t crybabies :joy:
Guess not

Yeah sure, people hire a one man corp for wardecs. Guess budget merc getā€™s you a budget player.
And i doubt you are stronger than me. you might fly a bit more expensive pixels but that is the only thing you might outshine me. Though I donā€™t fly pinataā€™s to impress people.

And yes, I actually took a break from the game for personal reasons and yes I flew in null sec in teams. You know, that space where hiding behind an alt in a NPC corp doesnā€™t bring much and you actually have to team up for the fleet fights.

1 Like

Easy to spout when the only experience you had was fleet stuff lol

I donā€™t either.
I fly expensive things because:
1- I can afford to
2- better everything

Anything that makes killing easier is a plus, unless youā€™re a poor :joy:

Too bad you canā€™t/couldnā€™t wardec from npc corps eh?
Oof

I like you sir.

When I was in the war dec discord I suggested that if the character who they were getting a locator check on had high standings too that the locator agent would give them the nod that they were being checked on. I had the exact same replies as you got, was hilarious, they only like it to work one way, and this is a real shame.

I keep reading about pvpā€™ers being afraid theyā€™ll lose their structures. What?

Iā€™m new and all, but I would just put an unfueled small POS in a C1 wormhole somewhere and leave it there.

A control tower isnā€™t worth destroying unless there is a moon shortage. Itā€™ll be there for yearsā€¦ especially considering the abject pain involved in destroying it with cruisers/BCs.

And go ask that locator agent where it isā€¦ J123456 is pretty useless info. The only way to find it is to post contracts so widely someone sells you itā€™s location.

And thenā€¦ after that Herculean effort to find and destroy the thing with small shipsā€¦ they can buy another for 118m and stick it another c1 before you are halfway through the shields of the first one.

Unless pvpā€™ers in this game have gone softā€¦ Iā€™d guess most would have even more clever ideas than little old me.

Who knows.

I read this thread as a classic example of the Scrublordā€™s Prayer.

The people attacking me have an unfair advantage. If they donā€™t, then it took no skill to do it. If it took skill to do it, then it wasnā€™t even fun. And if it was, then all they care about is their killboards.

I bring this up because the devout of the scrublords prayer apply it to all lossesā€¦ no matter what.

1 Like

If Locator agents could actually find structures, you might have a point to this.

Should have articulated that better. A few posts up someone was lamenting that the PvP community cried emotionally at the proposition of making structured searchable.

I find it quite silly.

However, wars are becoming silly too, considering the freedom to use holding corps to prevent any players from dealing with them, ever.

And I keep suggesting that people have to have structures in hisec to be able to do a war dec. But a structure anywhere enables people to war dec you.

Better still as discussed earlier in this thread is if a structure in hisec that is linked directly to the war dec and destroying it ends the war dec. The objective is to get people in space trying to destroy it and this structure could be linked to the size and ability of the defender so for a one man corp with no PvP experience it would only take you sneezing on it.

What do structures in wormholes and null sec have to do with a wardec?

The only reason to declare a war is to kill targets in empire space without any repurcussions of Concord, gateguns or sec rating loss.
Concord and the empires donā€™t give a rats arse about who kills whom in null sec nor in wormhole space. You donā€™t need a wardec in either of those 2 to randomly shoot people without being concordokened, having gate guns shoot at you or your sec rating dropping.

So both spaces structures shouldnā€™t add to war eligeability.
Only structures in Empire space, you know the space you need a wardec without legal repurcussions, should be those structures needed for deccing or being decced.

Or do you think that when you head out to null sec or WH space and some people in there see you they first want to dec you before they go shoot your arse?

Nah. The primary one is game balance - the largest and most powerful groups in the game based in nullsec and womeholes shouldnā€™t be immune to wardecs. That just concentrates the hunting activity in highsec onto the newest and smallest groups.

But it you can also make some lore reason for it: CONCORD is undermanned and forced to make decisions on who to protect. Through their contacts in the Upwell corporation, they know who owns each structure, so they tell their pencil pushers to give lesser protection to these holding corps and approve any war requests against them to free up resources for elsewhere.

You already can locate the people in the corp. Chances are they will hang out and log off in their structures. It just take a little bit of recon to go over there and when they are sopposed to be in the system in space somewhere and not in local to think ā€œoh I know maybe check for none public strucutures on my system map here. Since they all show up on the map regardless if they are in the overview or not and you can warp to them from the map also.ā€
They really arenā€™t too hard to find now.

This is only true when talking about the defender.
The attacker can dump a structure anywhere, never use it and not be counter attackable.
Yes, this was a raised issue in the start, yes itā€™s still better than the old system as the defender gets risk and yes most defenders wouldnā€™t attack the structure anyway.
But itā€™s still not good.

There are plenty of attackers that live and use their structures. If you get war decā€™d by marmintes then sure; who knows where this structure is. Iā€™m sure its in a wormhole somewhere and is a customs office. So if the locator comes back and says this is the case, good luck anyway trying to do anything about that. Trying to find one wormhole system from the outside in is like a specific needle in a stack of needles.

So sure I have no problem with locators telling you about structures, but donā€™t think it is impossible to find these things now. For the groups this change was made to try and hinder it really only takes down their pool of war dec-able players. But otherwise its business as usual for them.

There are just more players now sharing bookmarks, corp hangers, paying no taxes, and shell corps so people can go around high-sec without being war decā€™d. I didnā€™t like this change. It should have started with a revamp of the system with the idea of being able to tell easier who is at war with who. Right now it is too binary. Some corps have a lot of wars and are attackers and defenders and allies in other wars. Going down a list to see where some of these corps are in wars is a hassle and they are adding a dropping them each day too.

I would love to know where the CCP Allianceā€™s structures are tho.

So I am wondering why this thread keeps going, I mean they did what they did.

Then I read the end and I see people have this fantasy additional changes are comingā€¦

ā€¦ in less than 5 years :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Incase you arenā€™t aware of it.
If you log off in an upwell then a locator agent canā€™t help you.

You are joking, right? It will tell you what system you are in. Let me clue you in again on the process of finding the structure.
You show up and hmmm heā€™s not hereā€¦ locate him again, no it says he here he must be logged off. Okay Iā€™ll look around, ahhhhhhh here is an refinery belonging to the corp or alliance heā€™s fromā€¦ Ah let me scan the structure and hack it for the timer and plan my next steps.
There you go. It just helped you and it is used all the time, even when youā€™re logged off. Youā€™re not safe logged off.

I have been playing eve a long time this changes 2 the wd mechanics is the worst i have seen.So someone wardecs me then thinks its a bad idea deconstructs their own structure then the wd ends lol. Just to also inform you that me and all my accounts wont subscribe to EVE again while
this nonsense continue. 07