Devs please increase the expiry of the cerebral accelerators

Hi CCP team. Could you please increase the expiry of the cerebral accelerators? I ask because the event happened over a time of the year that many were busy with RL, family holidays, wrapping up work for the year. Many could not take full advantage of the accelerators due to RL.

There are also many accelerators still being sold so all those people who farmed them and are selling them to other players are going to lose the time they spent farming these accelerators for the benefit of other players of EVE.

Could you please consider extending the expiry of the accelerators to the end of Febuary at very least?

In fact I think it may be a great idea to reduce the length of the event like the Blood Raider one recently. I think went on for a month? Reduce the length of the event and remove the expiry of the accelerators, in a way becoming like a regular booster.

I hope you devs can extend or remove the expiry from the cerebral accelerators. Thanks !

1 Like

Fear not there is another event coming Soon™ that will have its own accelerators.

1 Like

These boosters had the most generous expiry I can recall - usually they expire within a week or two after the event ends.

Guardians Gala event will arrive in February with a new set of boosters - not sure if they’re on Singularity yet. There is supposed to be an “in development” video before the end of the month.

The old expired boosters will reappear as scammers try to unload them on contract during next winters rogue swarm event!

2 Likes

Gotta admit it was a generous duration already.
Dec 15 - Jan 30 that’s HUGE

2 Likes

The only way I could support an even longer period, or a removal of the expiration, is if there were a limited number issued.

These could be farmed with impunity. Just because you couldn’t take advantage of it doesn’t mean everyone else didn’t.

Expand the time, and you still end up just as far behind the curve.

Now… if there were only going to be 45,000 to ever drop, well… now we’re talking. Let them be used whenever.

But something tells me you want to eat your cake too.

3 Likes

The only way I could support an even longer period, or a removal of the expiration, is if there were a limited number issued.

These could be farmed with impunity. Just because you couldn’t take advantage of it doesn’t mean everyone else didn’t.

Expand the time, and you still end up just as far behind the curve.

Now… if there were only going to be 45,000 to ever drop, well… now we’re talking. Let them be used whenever.

But something tells me you want to eat your cake too.

Did you even read before posting ?

1 Like

Why yes, I did.

2 Likes

I can see the OP’s point of view and I somewhat agree with it. Especially since some players don’t have the luxury of logging in frequently.

Its just to many of them dropped, as well as too many left from previous events and are subject of popular scams.

1 Like

My issue with them is that, with perfect biology, you keep staying up later and later to reapply them. They don’t give you any flexibility to work around that.

1 Like

OP: Dear CCP,

I recently bought up all the now pointless cerebral accelerators for 1 ISK each, can you please make them worth 15 million each again, i’d appreciate that !

Me: Im sure you would, but no.

1 Like

I bet accelerators will be removed from events and added to the cash shop within a year.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Wow, that’s another thing we can agree on.

Somehow i have the feeling that someone bought to many, and is sitting on them right now, and want a longer event to make more profit.

But this is only the devil inside me :grin:

You can’t just suddenly do this kind of thing, as they are worth a fortune initially on the market and then (as seen last night) the price takes a nosedive as they become worthless and everyone tries to clear their stock of them. They were at an all time low of 3m each when I last checked.

Once an expiry date is set, the market responds, and hundred if not thousands of players act accordingly. You cannot just undo that with an extension.

One of the main benefits of this game having such an active player driven economy with farmable / sellable items like these boosters, is that if you personally didn’t have the time to farm some, then you can purchase them from someone who did.

Second point: There are always Christmas events in MMO’s. If you miss them you can’t exactly go asking for them to be extended into February or March to suit your schedule. You’re essentially asking for Christmas to be moved to when it is convenient for you. It’s a nice thought, if only we could make games companies reschedule their events to match our calendars wouldn’t it be lovely.

Then again, for every event that was rescheduled to meet the needs of one group, it would be inconvenient for another group. So there’s that too.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the gap between the playes that are to bussy to play EVE and the once that find the time to log in stay the same?

It has occurred to me that there might be something markettable in a customisable Guild/Clan/Alliance calendar and for example “hunting seasons” to match the career and home needs of old hacks I mean veteran gamers.

1 Like

I would gladly buy some carebear accelerators.

2 Likes

!remindmeinayear

This is when someone points out that an item that came out in early December as part of a Christmas event lasted through the end of January.

/s I guess that wasn’t enough time for some people.

1 Like