Disconnect between CCP and the customer base

They did that as a direct cash transaction though, not through plex in the NES; there’s a very different paper trail.

Are you sure? I can swear I remember the skins being very clearly in the NES.

I’m not even sure what I had for breakfast this morning. My gut tells me it was a cash transaction, I wouldn’t be able to conclusively say as I didn’t buy any skins in either circumstance… good cause or no, I don’t spend money on skins (unless I’m going to resell them).

Nope, was same as they did for Mankiller. Even sadder as the tribute page is almost a form letter in it’s simularity. https://www.eveonline.com/article/a-new-skin-and-a-tribute-to-a-fallen-wingman

NES only AND 7 day limit.

Of course, the difference is CCP was not owned by Pearl Abyss and had noone to answer to but themselevs, so perhaps this is one of the first “benefits” we see of Pearl Abyss owning CCP.

1 Like

Fighting over virtual items, this is why humanity must destroy itself someday.

Not fighting over items. Not in my case, anyway. More a recognition that, for whatever reason, CCP seems to have a bias in how they pay “tribute” to one fallen employee over another.

I get that for sure, while I think a “virtual space monument” would be better where names could be added, skins could be just skins.

What exactly are you angry about?

That you didnt wake up in time to donate, or that you didnt wake up in time to buy the skin?

1 Like

Yeah, don’t think the “virtual memorial” would really work, first time players got riled up enough over something and started blowing ■■■■ up.:stuck_out_tongue:

EVE Gate worked as the place of remembrance for many many years. But its kind of unofficial.

I got to admit though, l do love the way my blaze skin looks on my ship.

Found out why the Cordite skins sold out so quickly. I was thinking of retiring from the game

Angry? I’m sorry if my post was received in that way. This was not about the Cordite Skins, it was just a recent event I used to support the position I took; I referenced GM Week as well.

The position that CCP literally just said that one of the things the Pearl Abyss ownership would lead towards is access to make EVE more available to the Korean/Asian market. My concern is the recent trend of time zone tanking events, which flies in the face of accessibility for anyone that doesn’t log on right after downtime.

I’m not going to be extreme and loudly and publicly quit over CCP answering to another company instead of venture capitalists, but I will hold them to task to walk the walk they are talking, and will speak with my wallet if need be.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.