Discord - A negative Impact on EVE Communities?

Hey you’re just like me, minus the beard, in 28 years I’ve never been able to grow one.

1 Like

What if I recieve my pings on Slack instead of Discord, is that OK?

To be honest, I think pings are great. I can prepare my ships for future pings, then do my own thing ingame and swap to the right caracter/jump clone when there is action (if the ping interests me).

Pings are a good tool to get enough people together for a fleet in a short amount of time, without relying on all those people being online on those particular characters all the time.

As others have pointed out, some players just don’t create their own fleets or find their own content. It’s just their nature.

And a lack of fleets may be to do with the arenas. It is popular with the FC’s and leadership of several groups that i know of. The ‘content creators’.

This.

I really enjoy joining others in a fleet and filling roles that are needed (most often logi), but I’m not someone to start or lead a fleet. I know myself well enough to know that if I need to figure out where to go, figure out what the enemy fleet is doing and command a fleet of my own, I’ll forget to do two of those things. Respect for the people who can, but not me.

If pings are removed, this won’t encourage me to start creating my own fleets. A more likely result is that simply fewer fleets go out.

I find it so interesting that so many people post topics about things i said are problems for months after i say something about it.

Here is the real truth, On the topic of intelligence the game has was to much of it and we need to find mechanical ways in the game to invalidate the spam of alt spies etc.

For example if we had something on the map that worked like this

We would invalidate a lot of that sort of stuff. Granted you’d still need alts to do actual “sabotage” but this could be changed out mechanically by introducing a new hacking concept that “disables” station services, etc.

Its mechanics like this that would invalidate a large amount of this. We’d have to find a way to change fleeting in eve to invalidate ping ways, but ultimately before we looked into that we should look at removing blob wars from the game because that is better for the games health. having more consistent mid-sized battles is far more beneficial then 12 hour 10k people nonsense, especially since we have proven yet again noori is right namely about how the technology is just not in place to facilitate those numbers of pvpers (namely in a single battle). At least, this will be the case until ccp looks into doing something like fleet formations where a single projectile that calculates the entire fleets damage is lobbed at another fleet and in return a ship or set of ships is destroyed. Its changes to the fleet combat like this that may validate the large scale combat but it comes at a cost of player skill being part of the equation for the most part.

Angry Nerd is giving life lessons on the internet …

1 Like

Fw is dead.
90% bots and unfitted T1 ships. Rest 10% is getting dropped by dock workers, pen is out and/or snuff who seem to be keen on blobbing everyone under their weight class but never each other while crying “where is muh content, eve is dead, no gud fites”

3 Likes

Ok, now THAT is a great idea. The only real snag I can see with it is the number of people talking at the same time.

I think this log on and do something based on pings has always been there, it was just made easier with Discord.

In my view it was often old players who saw themselves as hunters who were the worst at this, most of them would end up doing AFK cloaky stuff while playing other games.

I once posted an observation in 2016 that Eve was going to turn into a ping everyone quick there is some sucker in space actually ratting…

1 Like

I left WoW because of ‘we raid on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays 18:00 - 22:00 sign up now, don’t be late, must have gear score X’

I like the freedom EVE offers. Always have done.

1 Like

I am planning on going back to FW I think in the ‘medium term’ … I left due to what you are saying too. The giant elitist blobs and the gatecamping. The obvious botting and lack of really any good solo content had sort of steered me into something else. I had a great spot with the Ushra’Khan alliance and I hope that when I go back to FW they will take me back.

I thought about how bad the ‘ecosystem’ was in FW and how I was just ruining my faction standings for that and I realized I would rather do some other PVE content in the game before I lock myself out of it.

Another unrelated angle I don’t appreciate about lowsec on the Min/Amarr side is that Angels sites don’t escalate like they do over in Cal/Gal. Do we even get 3/10’s? Why is it like that? It’d be cool to have some sites I can run when I’m cruising in my Thrasher looking for something to do.

1 Like

Dogpiled with community flagging … Classic …

Idiots don’t even realize they just served themselves to my argument.

Not worth your time buddy, we only have one short life.

1 Like

Why I am lurking on a 1 month time buy that will probably be more.

Its not end of the world if I am the wrong covenant. Or spec.

Well that and of late even basic pve is there to do no wiats and it pays. Nothing says fun like waiting 15 minutes for a pug to pop and all you see for loot is…a whopping 7 gold a boss.

I got dread scarlet last night. Nice getting settled in mission. Paid well, decent loot and salvage to let me make t1 rigs that can be throw away if not liked as I try things outs since away like 4/5 years.

1 Like

Always happens buddy. Flags are a sign that you hit the right spot. Ever since gaming became mainstream the lighthearted normies play thoughtpolice online.

2 Likes

Actually I’d bet money this is because you used the reeee word.

I used the same word recently in a post that was quite popular with a fair armount of likes. Someone even quoted me after my post was flagged and said ‘why the hell would anyone flag this?’ or words to that effect.

Then some guy crawled out of the woodwork to say the reeee word was offensive to disabled people and he had flagged it. At least you haven’t had to deal with him. Yet.

1 Like

Just change some words in your post and it’s unhidden again.

1 Like

But but his freedums to be rude and obnoxious?

Dont you think of his feelies about wanting to hurt others feelies?

His feelies and freedums are more important than civil discussion, after all.

3 Likes

I do. You can be more effective with that when you use euphemisms. Same result, much less hurtful appearance. :innocent:

1 Like

I hurt myself, today …

To see if I still feel …

I focus on the pain,

The only thing that’s real …

I was so glad to hear he hates Marlyn Mansun.

That’s another thing me and Trenty boi have in common.

That and our mutual adoration of Prince David of Bowie, may he reign in Heaven

1 Like