Dissatisfaction about large fleet battles

I am just an average pilot, who forced to write this petition to express my resentment to the developers regarding their either helplessness or incapacity, or maybe even unwillingness, to provide with proper technical conditions for suitable organizing of large-scale battles. I am talking about the events of the past months, to be clear – about the new great war between Legacy Coalition/PanFam (PAPI) and The Imperium.
Shame, shame and once again shame!!! You enjoy the new records, proudly announcing it everywhere (here are few examples of the official cite: “If you’ve been following the news about the Guinness World Record set during the battle then you’ll probably know that the number of peak concurrent characters in local was 6,557 which was hit at 18:16, however system population was extremely high for the duration of the 12-hour battle”, “Records will inevitably continue to fall in New Eden. It seems like every other year there’s another war, a bigger battle and more incredible stories that capture the imagination not just of EVE Online players but the gaming world at large. “, “The ongoing war in New Eden has seen some of the largest and bloodiest battles in EVE’s history. The war has already claimed two official Guinness World Records, whilst also breaking many other EVE records, including a record number of battleships killed in one battle, and a record number of Titans destroyed in another”), however you do not speak about the time, patience and nerves the players waste because of the horrible lagging during the large-scale battles. But why speaking of large-scale battles?! After the last super record – which should be listed in the records of technical disgrace of the game industry (talking about the battle in M2-XFE the 2nd timer) – the time dilation was remaining in all neighbor systems for the following days even with locale of 1000 pilots and less. You should not scream and shout about some records, but humbly sit and solve the real problems, which distract people from enjoying your game. You are not the ones who achieve those records, but the players. Those, who pay their money to enjoy the game and not sit and watch the still picture on the screen.

As a user, I am not really interested in the technical part, I do not understand anything in it – it is your job and responsibility. I am as a player want to enjoy, and not to waste my time and patience on the game, when it lags in jumps between the systems, without knowing if my ship is alive or already dead. This problem is not new at all. This is the trouble – you still have not solved it. And evidently you are not going to.

The reconstruction of the trade station in Jita seems more important for you. It is highly ”necessary” for suitable hold of serious battles. Fireworks and colorings of the ships are more important to you than the capacity to control them in a battle. For you the animations and visual effects of passing through the gates and portals are more important than passing in time itself and entering the battle in few minutes, not in an hour. You introduce changes to inspire the pilots for even greater PVP, but cannot provide with normal conditions for large battles. But those large battles give you the records. They change the map, influence the economy and the future of alliances. In the battle the strength of a player is shown, as well as the unity of a team and the skill to perform their role in a fleet. Pilots enjoy the battles, which give them the peak of adrenaline, the feeling that you cannot get from small-scale clashes. Such serious battles happen rarely, but for them you have to create all needed conditions so the pilots are filled with pleasure and interest, not irritation.

I ask you to give the chance to enjoy the game and large-scale battles! To enjoy, and not to suffer from the thought of a battle, where lag and disconnect take place that discourage to participate in the battle.

People who understand more in programming than me say that you have to rewrite the code of the game from the start to solve this problem. For all these years you could have done something with this. Maybe you have to build the new ship, where should move the crew to continue the journey, and stop painting/decorate the old rusty one which is full of racks and ready to explode?..

When players no longer enjoy the game, they leave it. Enough of the fireworks, coloring, useless skins and lavish statements about the records – do the important part, pay proper attention to valuable things.

1 Like

Then why do you play in the biggest blob in game, if you don’t like the consequences? You know no hardware/software in the world will handle bigger and bigger numbers.

The only thing CCP really can do is make big anonymous groups unmanageable by removing the tools to do so.

i am not anymore. because it is not enjoyble. :confused:

2 Likes

You claim to not care about the technicalities, but you have to understand some of the technicalities to know that TiDi was CCP’s way to allow players to still be able to play. They are working on trying to fit more and more players into the game. Remember Aether Wars? That was their way of looking to see how many they can fit on screen. They have updated hardware from 2015, IIRC. How often do you expect a company to pay for state of the art equipment to be able to shovel players into one system?

1 Like

You may not like these, but there are many players who do. @DeMichael_Crimson has been working on collecting all the clothing that characters can wear.

I’m sure there’s other players that are working on collecting all the ship skins that they can.

fireworks are a good way to celebrate the life of a friend etc or just a celebration in general.

Most people play the game, due to how magnificent everything not space ship related looks.

2 Likes

when game company want to earn more players and KEEP them in game, it must first take all necessary technical conditions to hold on. when the company see that it can not make all conditions for enjoyable game because of numbers of players - just stop inviting. But it is not good, new players needed. so then find the way and efforts to upgrade your equipment. when TiDi comes too hard, it is already unavailable to play. actually it is not play game anymore.

Sure, there are people who do that. i just use an example. But is it more important than technical base for all that? i don’t think that people sitting 24/7 in Jita and play with fireworks.
May be some people need to see how magnificent is the lag during large battle. That will be the real test. (that was an irony :wink: )

Yeah, so this is CCP’s forever war. They keep increasing the ability for players to have larger and larger battles, and players keep cramming more and more swinging dicks and flapping vaginas into battles. CCP has already made incredible progress, and they continue their work still.

Moreover, Eve is a relatively small game (15% the population of WoW), that hosts the largest battles in all of gaming. So, not only must CCP do something that no one else in the industry is doing, but they have to do it on a fraction of the budget that the titans in the industry have.

Shame? How about giving them props.

Also, can I have your stuff.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the biggest blobs. Even battles with 500 people can create tidi and lags. It has everything to do with CCP not managing big battles properly and splitting them up into several smaller skirmishes.

Keepstar battles in particular ought to be split into at least 5 battle zones instead of the current 1 focus points. That way, more people can actually fight and enjoy the battle instead of being stuck in tidi lagshit or epilepsy inducing gate tunnes while “losing” their ships.

1 Like

Trying to split fights is a nice idea on paper from people who never play themselves. It just does not work. You can‘t magically multiply FCs and knowing upfront how much people you need to put in one fleet. Because all of this there are decisive big battles at one spot. In RL war’s and EvE.

The problem is that it’s stupidly easy with perfect intel on each corp member to manage large anonymous groups by control not trust.

Congratulations, now you are free to seek the real fun in EvE :slight_smile: I wish more people would realize and move.

Then you have no reason to own a Keepstar. Simple. If your group owns a Keepstar but can’t train more than one FC or get help from friends, it’s your fault. Not to mention that this argument is complete bogus to begin with. Even now, you need several fleets to attack and defend a Keepstar, which means you already need several FCs or friends.

If Keepstar battles where split in 5 distinct war zones and you had to control the majority of these war zones, you would know how many fleets you need at least to achieve this goal. It would also allow smaller sub groups to run around and be useful by engaging less competent opponent sub groups instead of being stuck in tidi and not able to help at all. Big battles could still break out over a node (as FozziSov has shown multiple times with massive escalation attacks on Entosis Fax) but not everyone would have to be stuck in this same big tidilagfest and could instead continue to attack the KS. That way, more people could participate, more people could feel engaged, and way less people would feel disenfranchised by the crap that CCP created with the current system.

That’s not the problem at all. That is a lame excuse for failing to properly manage the game developer’s own claims.

That is not true. Decisive battles are fought in several places at once and not in a single spot. That was the case in WW2, in WW1, in any of the medieval wars, in Vietnam, pretty much anywhere. What is true, however, is that all these different battles help to achieve the final goal. And this is how big KS battles should work, too.

I enjoy fleet combat in EVE and it’s one of the reasons I live in null. I even occasionally like big fights where we hit Tidi for larger strategic objectives such as shooting down structures.

But once I have prepared my ship, am in fleet, the system hits max tidi, half my commands are ignored, my client crashes, the fleet is too full to join after reconnect, the overflow fleet too, the third fleet is flying another doctrine that I do not have and is sold out, my commands still 10 times as slow as they should be provided they aren’t ignored, then I do not like large fleet battles. It simply frustrates me.

That example happened to me a earlier this year. I don’t care how much is at stake, I was just done with EVE, put my ship on contract, deathcloned back home and took a break from EVE for months.

These days I join fleets when I can, but simply avoid the large scale ones.

Large fleet battles aren’t fun.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.