Does anyone actually think faction warfare

Just my opinion but I think hisec income potential needs to be reduced in favor of lowsec. That way, the new players can adapt to the game’s mechanics in hisec and then “graduate” and move on to lowsec and it would then be their choice to go to Null or stay in low and those who prefer a safer play time can stay in hisec but with the reduced benefits for income.
Again, that’s my opinion based on how much I understand the game, not based on experience. I just moved to lowsec a few days ago and I like it here but, yeah, more is good, less is bad.

If it was what it claimed yes.

But its just flying around a pole.

I’ve had plenty good fun in FW. Alpha bots kinda ruined it and exacerbated some of it’s problems. Since then it’s needed a good sit down and re-think. Certainly more than the token pass it got recently.

With regards to low-sec rewards, resource distribution did just that. The DBS has doubled bounties in most lowsec systems and the monopoly on nocxium makes it a worthwhile area to mine.

I mean… it was and still is one of the best environments for learning pvp

1 Like

Not when it’s still safe and more profitable to rat or mine gas in wh.

If they want these activities done commonly in ls they would need to make pockets that you couldn’t cyno into. I don’t think that would be worth it though. Outside of that you would need to make the reward ludicrous to offset the risk.

I don’t think it’s really comparable. Wormholes bring a unique logistical challenge that many players are unwilling to take on.

You can venture mine in low sec quite safely and make more money than an exhumer in hi-sec and use a station as a depot.

I’m certainly seeing more solo and small gang mining in low. And there’s always been ratting, it just got a buff.

Not when you’re talking about day tripping. Logistically is far easier than low sec as you’re unlikely to ever see a camp, and the ones you do see come with more options to escape than ls.

I’ll admit I don’t know what the current numbers are but if a venture can outperform an orca boosted exhumer in an ice belt that is impressive. But how much better is it than gas harvesting? Again it’s safer and easier to day trip into a wh and you can use a hs station in whatever system you entered from to unload rather than a ls station.

It’s not that whs are harder to mine or run sights but rather fewer players think to use them or see them as more complicated than they are.

Possibly unpopular opinion:

FW would have been fun as something that was an extended event that would have had an effect on the game world, maybe flip some systems from Empire to another for good, or similar. Let it run for 6 months, maybe even a year, then declare a winner, and use the same or improved engine for some other story in EVE, creating minor warzones with story significance in various places. Kind of like prerunner to the Triglavian invasions (which, despite all of their troubles, had two things going for them: they actually changed the game universe, and they were limited in scope).

As content that runs the same for a decade and has no real effect on anything or a chance to really have a real end, it sucks.

1 Like

That’s odd coming from a vocal advocate of disposable T1 destroyer PVE.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

…that’s what ganking is for…

Not boosted. But many people are mining in hi-sec without boosts, so I’d still argue the meaningful choice is there.

And you can porpoise boost ventures.

I mean that may be the case but if you’re looking at making isk I’m not sure isk/hr is what those people mining unboosted in hs are after. More likely isk as passive as possible.

Though maybe that could be interesting. LS only scripts for mining links that could make ls mining more appealing.

That’s an interesting idea. Similar to structure rigs, boost effectiveness can change according to sec status.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.

If they wanted to double down on the ore specialty of each area they could tie the bonuses to those. But a simple boost to ls generally would probably go a long way on its own. Particularly because I’m not sure they could tie it to individual ores unless it worked off crystals and that could be to complicated.

I’m not familiar with any PvE that benefits from using disposable T1 destroyers, and certainly don’t engage in any myself.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.