Does Eve have an "over-fishing" problem?

8 Likes

Ganker gank pray since 2003 and they still don’t die out.

Actually you can only be killed easily if you make it easy in Highsec. There are various things you can do to do whatever you do in complete safety. Obviously the more risk you take the more reward you get, even in Highsec. It’s part of the game to adjust that risk to the level you are comfortable with by choosing the right ship, fitting, systems and strategy.

If that is too complex, we are here to help, just ask.

4 Likes

^^ that ^^

1 Like

Apparently, according to most responses, you haven’t heard what you heard or you misheard it or you’re flat out lying. I mean, that’s the vibe I get reading the responses.
I think you hit the nail on the head. No one wants to be the prey, everyone would want to be the attacker and in a game like EVE it makes more sense to not play one day than play and get blown up so of course there’s a lack of juicy targets. All that’s left to hunt is newbros and afk players. Those aren’t juicy but dry targets.

1 Like

There’s plenty of fish. Tens of thousands every single day. But the safety given to the fish is what’s causing the starvation.

That’s why the past couple of years have been about nerfing fish food. They were getting too fat from cheap easy food and not having to work for it.

It would have been better to lower the safety of the fish, and let fittest survive as nature intended. But instead CCP decided to starve everyone, fish and fishermen.

5 Likes

Are orcas the fish?

The game has an “overlock” problem.
Letting multiple ships light up a single target with their tracking systems without causing loss of lock, accuracy, and tracking - diminishing returns basically - was a huge mistake.

Imagine if say a small ship, while already hard to lock, did not have enough surface area to bounce signals off of for other ships to lock it. Though I would imagine that a larger ship locked by smaller ships would be more probable.

Imagine what fleet battles would have been like, actual use of “wings” and “Squadrons” instead of this stupid looking bait ball.

Add in AOE damage for all ship explosions and surface area/lock limitations and fleet battles would like like they do on the commercials.

But no.

Coffee break is over. Back on yer heads.

7 Likes

Eve doesn’t have an “over fishing” problem it has an “over safety” problem. They have made the game safer and safer to the point where anyone can be pretty much 100% safe in any activity.

3 Likes

If that so? HS ganking is a thing the last time I checked, Also they recently nerfed WSC. If people can be 100% safe as you said? Why that people do not commit funnel part of that “safety” into PVP ? If I can earn 100 million safely. I won’t mind use let said 20% of that wealth into a Thrasher (for example) and so to PVP.

Perhaps there is another problem going on ?. Perhaps the Veteral PVP community has a tunnel vission problem. CCP always ask the hunter but never the prey.

After more than a decade of crying on these forums and reddit , the krabs now have mobile observatory , more safety.

3 Likes

Oh!! I misunderstood his comment. I meant HS sec safety but didn’t take into account NullSec safety. But that begs the question? What did they gain with that safety? Just who has the biggest wallet? Why having so much if not to fund PVP activities. At least that was my goal.

You didn’t need WCS in the first place to be safe. You still don’t need them.

1 Like

Juicy targets are harder to come more you hunt. Because of evolution. Soft targets are gradually eliminated, hard targets arise. With more tank, with response fleets, with more awareness. Like with nature, developed are defence mechanisms. Then at some point ecosystem stabilizes. If hunters stop hunting there may be even return of juicy, soft targets, because its additional burden to fit a lot of tank, or scan every second instead of having viable DPS or focusing attention on actual harvesting.

1 Like

I wouldn’t listen and believe 100% of what those guys say. New Eden is HUGE and unless that guy has physically checked ALL of the systems himself he cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, make such a statement.
Now maybe he has experienced a lack of juicy targets but his experience doesn’t make a generality.
On the other hand, gankers crying for lack of juicy targets makes my day :yum:

FYI, I don’t consider ganking true PvP at all, even in the larger sense of the word.
PvP for me is all the wars and also one player in a combat ship against another player in a combat ship also.
Ganking is chicken-shiat play. It’s low, ugly, treacherous, vicious, opportunistic, callous, cowardly, vile, corrupted, griefing, underhanded and more besides that.
Ganking is the equivalent of soldiers attacking civilians.

What do you think, @Ivanka_Omanid?

3 Likes

My friend there is no disagreement between us at all. pvp are two floats in Honorable Battle ready for glory. Ganking is disgusting for disgusting people.

I also find pleasure listen to ganking complaings, now they’ll have to work harder (as us do).

2 Likes

And their “work” will be increasingly frustrating and devoid of enjoyment as EVE continues to bleed players left and right contributing further to what that guy complained about, a lack of juicy targets. It will go from “a lack of juicy targets” to plain “lack of targets”.

Did you ever play this game?

A hunter kills your Heron, and what is your ‘lot of time’ it requires to replace that? 15 minutes, maybe 30 minutes?

Same with new players complaining someone ganked their venture how could they ever recover? Mentally, I don’t know, but a single veldspar load will easily replace that venture. Another 15-30 minutes for recovery.

I don’t get it how you think it is hard to recover from a loss.

Excellent and spot on post, I have pointed out that there has been an unbalanced farming of the PvE population for years, even worse CCP have adjusted mechanics again and again to make catching them easier, with the odd adjustment that only makes people last a little longer if caught. So the lack of prey is real.

2 Likes

I have a magnate with cloak pilot alt. He makes an abundant isk in WH before a Hunter can manage to capture Him and get the trash loot and cheap kill mail.

If there is really overfishing it just means that their are only few smart pve players.

Those Hunters and gankers are not that dangerous if you already understand how they operate and know how to effectively evade them.

1 Like

From my experience, overfishing can be a problem in EVE but is a very dynamic equilibrium.

Stop fishing for a day or two and all the fish are back.