Drake Fitting GateCamp/Tank

Hi I am a newbie only been playing for a month and I’m getting pretty good at the game and enjoy it and I’ve been seeing a ton of people playing with the Drake (Caldari State) and I was wondering if this FIT is capable of tanking gates etc… I’ve seen alot of people tank gates with battleships like the megathrone and the Thphoon. I still got around 16 days till I can fly this fit so I wanted to ask before I make any rash decisions. My main purpose of having this ship is to gatecamp and to be able to solo pvp against small cruiser ganks.

[Drake, Drake Solo PvP (T2 Rigs)]
Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

10MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

‘Integrated’ Hobgoblin x5

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x396

Let’s begin with the Fitting in general:
First of all your resistences aren’t well distributed -> see EM.
Second, your weapons (HAMs) won’t hit well. The projection of HAMs is very bad. With HAMs you will at least have aditional one webifier, better two webs and/or some Missile Guidance Computer/Enhancer.

Now let’s take a look at gatecamps:
You will be able to tank the guns for a time, depending on your opponents damage. But fitted with a scram, you need much luck to be in range of your appearing opponent. Additionally you lock very slow. I guess the only fights you will get at a stargate, are fights you are forced to. Finally you are sitting at a stargate, and waiting for others engaging a fight.

Small cruiser gangs:
Most of all cruisers will kite you and finally destroy you. You won’t hit a cruiser really hard. Even brawling cruisers will have fitted scram + web and kite you … and kiting cruisers are laughing hard.

2 Likes

Replace afterburner for microwarpdrive replace nanofiber for damage control.
Now a little situational choice if you really want to fly a drake around especially being newish get some friends,gatecamping is better done with friends than alone.
Secondly if you were to camp with friends the scram can be replaced for a remote sensor booster to aid you fastest locking ship in the gang and a shield extender could become a some other ewar module to help the gang such as painter or a web to slow targets trying to make it back to gate.
Gatecamping is best done as a group so go look for a decent corp that does it.

1 Like

Thank you both very much for your message’s

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.