Help with my drake Fittings

Will my fittings do well in level 3 missions also any recommendations on things to change

[Drake, Josiff Michael’s Drake]
Basic Co-Processor
Ballistic Control System I

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

‘Arbalest’ Heavy Missile Launcher
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Warrior I x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x2116

If possible anything that can make this L4 mission worthy which s a long shot?
i’ve done a lvl 2 mission that rewards 498 lps and it held up pretty great i was barely paying attention half the time i wasnt shooting and they didnt bring me down below 70 and when i moved away form them and killed the closes enemies and i healed back to 90

1. How bad are your CPU skills? It would be nice if you could lose the co-processor

2. Also what rats are you fighting against? This has an EM hole.

3. Also you never use the meta level 0 items. IE: Adaptive Invulnerability Field I. They’re intended as ingredients for invention. Use the meta 1-4 instead. You can check meta level on the attributes tab of the show info screen of a module.

4. Afterburner helps you tank better and get around the field quicker. I highly recommend.

Here is a fit I threw together based on yours.

[Drake, Josiff Michael’s Drake]

Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Auto Targeting System I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Warrior I x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x2116

1 Like

Thanks a ton!

Np!

You can use a Drake for lvl 4s but it’s a miserable experience. Very slow. Poor skills in a Raven, Rattlesnake, or Barghest will outperform good skills in a Drake in most lvl 4s.

1 Like

Also i just realized i didn’t need the processor on i just had it on idk why

1 Like

The target painter does the work of the three warhead rigor catalysts, opening up those rig slots for more shield recharge which allows you to use another mid slot for the afterburner which further enhances your tank and mobility.

[quote=“Eternal_Montage, post:2, topic:90677”]
[Do you thing the rosslink compact ballistic control system is required because im really pinching isk right now i can get it if i need it but i just would like to know

No definitely not required. They just give a bit more damage and ROF than the meta 0 version. You can always upgrade down the road.

Alright thank you for all the help

No problemo.

I didn’t realize they were that expensive when I suggested them. It might be better to just get weapon upgrades 4 ASAP and go straight for the T2 ballistic control systems. Damage output should be your priority in missions once you’re certain you have enough tank.

The only lvl 3 that is dangerous is The Blockade. So just be careful if you pull that mission. Google the mission guide and spawn things in the correct order. The other missions should be easily crushed in a drake.

That’s the level 2 one that i was talking about Lol

weapon upgrades 4 for t2 bcus is the main thing I’d change on that fit above, and maybe even more t2 stuff in general, t2 hardeners are a nice performance bump for not too much training.

well that and I don’t know that the target painter is really needed, but well not much else for that slot so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

2 Likes

A sensor booster would be good there too.

1 Like

Fitting is a rather “personal preferences” thing, as well as being skill dependent and balanced by “what I like flying”. So the following is right and wrong and here only for ideas.

Look at the Magic 14 skills. They are basic, boring,but will make you more effective. By the time you are thinking of flying a Drake you should have them, and be able to fit a T2 tank.

@Eternal_Montage has provided a good set of advice.

A Damage Control unit (low slot) is always useful. It’s added resistance to shields, armour and hull. It all helps though.
Resistance modules have stacking penalties - the more you add, the less effective each additional one is. You may want to think about using individual hardeners rather than the adaptives - much less capacitor usage, much better resistance gain but only on one damage type. You can swap them to tune your shields for maximum resistance to the mission you are running.

A Resistance based defence is, to me, preferable. The shield extenders really increase your signature which will make you easier to hit - so you take more damage. Especially since you are big and slow moving.

A propulsion module is extremely useful - some missions require you to move between gates, and it’s useful for managing range. Probably, as was suggested, an Afterburner.

Ballistic Control Systems also suffer stacking penalties - three is the practical limit. You could think of replacing two of them with a damage bonus and reload speed rig; that could save some penalty effect.

I like Target Painters. A Missile Guidance Computer will help with range and/or application as required as well and may be a better bet. Both take mid-slots. But a Painter uses less CPU. It’s damage or defence - your call, but killing the target always reduces incoming damage.

The auto-targetting thing. No. Just a waste of CPU.
If you need to handle more targets then train the relevant skills. It’s a crutch you don’t need. It may even allow you to ditch the CPU module.

Racing to get big ships ahead of fitting them well to do higher level missions is going to run you into a capability cliff where the ability to fit and manage the ship prevents it being effective. This is Eve - Bigger isn’t Better.
And ISK isn’t a scoring system - there’s no such thing in Eve. You play for enjoyment.

okay, looking at tank …

You basically have three types of modules for shield tank, based on your EHP effect : multiplicative, additive, and multiplicative with stacking.

• Additive modules give more shield hp so more passive regen. Since the raw HP used is the same, the raw egp/s added is the same, thus each one gives less and less % ehp/s
    • Typically they are the LSE (large shield extender) On my ship I have base 6875 hp and each LSe adds 2600 hp. hence the first one adds 37.8% ehp/s, 2nd adds 27.4%, 3rd 21.3%, 4th adds 17.7%.
  • Multiplicative with stacking use a raw multiplicative modifier, however like additive those values go lower with the number. Typically they are the resist hardeners
    • one invul T2 adds 42.8% ehp/s, the 2nd 35.3%, 3rd 20.6%, 4th 9.2%
    • specific hardener give more ehp/s but only when facing a specific . one T2 ward field gives 120%, 2nd gives 91.5%, 3rd gives 45%. Remember, this is against one damage type.
  • Multiplicative gives a full % increse
    • power relay lows give 33.3%(T2) / 35.1(CN) at the cost of reduced cap production.
    • purger rigs give 25(T1)/33.3(T2) % more ehp at the cost of more signature, thus a bit more damage actually taken by missile/ guns your size.
    • flux coil lows give 21.4(T1)/23.2(T2) % .
    • extender rigs give 15(T1)/20(T2)% more ehp/s
    • shield recharger mids give 15(T2)/16(faction)
    • DC II low gives +15%
    • power diagnostic lows give 14.7(T2)/% more ehp/s but also more capacitor and more powergrid.

For the mid slots, you can guess than it’s best to add in the order : invul, LSE, LSE, LSE, invul, LSE then shield rechargers . So if you have 3 mids to use for tank, you should go invul, 2 LSE.
I personnaly like to replace the second invul by a specific harder.

For rigs, 3 T2 purgers are your way to go.

For lows, ideal is CN power relay, but if you can’t afford the cap cost, go for flux coil. DC2 are worse for raw shield passive EHP/s, power diag are good if you need a bit more power and also provide a bit of cap, for comfort.

Typically on a drake, I go compact AB to get a bit of speed, then 3 T2 purgers, 1 CN power relay, 3 LSE, one invul, one specific hardener, BCU on remaining lows

fit
[Drake, *T2/faction passive brick]
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Heavy Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Hobgoblin II x5

Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x240
Guristas Scourge Heavy Missile x1576

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.