Drones are killing my will to play this game

what does that mean? alpha clones can’t get level 4 missions anymore??? surely that can’t be possible?

also i’m leaning more towards tempest or typhoon. i do quite enjoy my medium artillery and i guess it is logical to aim for battleship artillery next.

Yes, alpha clones can no longer do level 4 missions.

Something about alphas being used to bot lvl4 missions a lot, I think.

1 Like

If you don’t like having to buy replacement drones, get yourself an Imicus with combat scanners and go out and salvage them - abandoned drones are scattered all over Eve, like confetti. Lots of light T1 drones, a few faction, T2 and medium. I’ve been doing this as a relaxation activity at intervals for months now, and sell them off cheaply by the hundred when I’ve got too many. It’s good scanning practise too.

1 Like

Maelstrom, its a shield tanked artillery platform. Tempest is more of an armor tank option and is more suitable for PvP. The Typhoon is an entirely different beast because it wants to run cruise missiles or rapid fire heavies.

well i made this thread thinking maybe at worse i’ll be switching to another boring missile ship, i never expected that i would discover i’ve been grinding lvl 3’s for 2 weeks to get enough for a battleship only to find out i won’t be able to do what i wanted to do with it. i guess the alpha gravy train was to good to be true after all. ccp really showing their true colours though, as i honestly can’t see how forcing botting lvl 3’s instead of 4’s is going to be any nerf at all since they can run like 20 accounts at once anyways. is practically free isk for them. also im pretty sure everything south of curse is filled with bot miners… but at least they buy plex to fly their mining barges right???

anyways im uninstalling the game right now. before undocking from station becomes an omega exclusive feature lol.
thanks for the help everybody, maybe we will meet again in another game o7

1 Like

Obligatory: Can I have your stuff ?

1 Like

There’s a whole variety of combat sites and anoms you can still run in a battleship perfectly fine.

1 Like

With all due respect… no one is entitled to play the game for free. CCP gave you that ability in the first place so I see no justification in complaining when they limit some aspects of it.

4 Likes

are you naive? the alpha status is a way for new players to test if they like the game or not. After that, yes you have to pay for a suscription (willl real money or isks). All mmos do the same. Do you think CCP is a charity company?
Are you whining for less than one Mc Donald’s meal per month cost?

1 Like

i have played counter strike since 1998. i have spent maybe 100-200 dollars for more than 20 years of gameplay. at 15 dollars per month of eve i would get one year worth of gameplay. i appreciate that i came to eve forums and am shitting on eve so forgive me for that. but my work is contractual, so i am away for 1-6 months at pretty random intervals. because of this it only makes sense for me to buy subscription time one month at a time, and it also means that i rarely have the time to invest seriously into the social aspects of the game or organized fleets micromanaging a wormhole etc., hence why i wanted to do solo lvl 4 missions.

and can someone explain to me please why the heck i would bother running lvl 4’s if i am going to buy the 1 month plex? why don’t i just skip the grind and buy the most absurdly blingy battleship for the price of a couple months subscription? you can now even literally buy skill points, so it’s not even like i’m subscribing to build my character levels like in other mmo’s.

tl;dr
why the hell would i want to subscribe to this game if i can use the same amount of money to pay 2 win to whatever ship i want? if i wanted to look at a picture of a ship i would pull it up on google. i see no point in having a blinged out battleship that i can’t use in missions, so why even spend the money on it at all in the first place??? just to buy 600 mil or whatever worth of isk per month to make maybe a couple hundred mil back in mission profits??? i appreciate that i’m not hardcore enough to make 1 month plex per month being an industrialist or (lol) a russian bot miner in null, that’s why i was so excited about alpha battleships and lvl 4 missions. because i could feel profitable and rewarded even if i only had the time to play a couple of hours per month.

oh well i guess you either pay up “just a few dollars per month” or take on eve as a second job.

1 Like

OP, this was an excellent suggestion.

Outside of my initial weeks in EVE, I’ve never run a security mission. You don’t have to either to enjoy the game, unless you just like running missions. There are other options available to you.

1 Like

Many people don’t try to grind up enough isk to buy plex to add game time so they can grind up enough isk to buy plex to add game time…they buy a subscription so they can just play the game how they want.

Many people wait until they are getting plenty of isk in the game to where they can PLEX their account (use ingame isk to buy plex to use to add gametime) no problem without risking getting stuck on the must grind for isk for gametime so I can grind isk for the next gametime hamster wheel.

It’s a game, it should be interesting/challenging//fun for you.

Many people also choose to simply keep paying via subscription so as not to have to bother bother about plex at all. Up to you, of course.

Ohh noo - don’t do that. Firstly, but not most importantly, such a loot-pinata would cost you more than a few months of full-price monthly sub money, actually. EvE has had quite a few folks who quickly bought their way into fancy ships without the experience to fly them properly. Google ALOD (Amazing Loss Of the Day) to get an idea of the frequent result.

Remember in EvE bigger is not always better. There are a lot of EvE players who choose to fly the smaller ships for many years because they enjoy them.

I hope you reconsider leaving EvE behind, but whatever your decision may you find gaming enjoyment. o7

3 Likes

Didn’t read the whole post, maybe this has been said…

When you encounter excessive drone aggro it could be a bug. Recall drones, warp to a safe, leave ship, then reboard. That should fix it, it works 100% of the time with our AFK VNIs.

EVE isn’t counter strike. CCP isn’t under any compulsion to match their associated rates, costs and fees. Both games have entirely different methods of monetization. In EVE that method is a monthly fee, your option is to pay it or go back to counter strike. Your seeming sense of being entitled to play for free probably has a small part in why CCP is taking steps to make it harder for alpha to plex their accounts.

1 Like

oh man, i think that really, really, you did not understand how eve works…
a not blingy frig can kill a blingy bigger ship. Really.
so “pay to win” is not the way eve works.
As some others said, you are not forced to do lvl 4’s. You have other options to earn isks. So stop whining aganst CCP… “CCP really showing their true colors…” I suppose that when you play any sport, when you lose, it is the referee’s fault, yes?

I’d add, late to the party I know, that subscribed time in Eve that you don’t play is not wasted, due to real time training. Maybe you don’t play for a few weeks or even a few months. You return and the bonus for the cost of a fast food meal per month is your ship is that much tougher than before and/or you can do XYZ thing you couldn’t previously.

It is vastly shortsighted to treat only actual playtime in Eve as valuable.

Hi,

I must say your post is rather too long. It’s a lot for us to read.

I read the first two or three paragraphs.

Basically I stopped using drones in level 4 missions ages ago because of that same problem. It isn’t good. I even wrote to CCP about it.

Drones, even with max skills, are not the best and will die.

Fighters are even worse.

I don’t use them anymore.

Faction drones have are slightly more durability than tech 2 drones, but they still receive aggro and it’s a pain having to use repair modules on drones because you need to target them first, and it isn’t even worth the constant attention span imo.

The drone control panel is a pain too.

You know, my ships, even with max skills, are not the best and will die as well. I still use them though.

1 Like

you need to be more risk adverse dude. Never engage the rats / player unless there is a 150% chance or surviving.

1 Like

150% chance of survival is hard to do though. Unless I don’t undock… you’re a genius, I’ll just never undock again and never die! I’ll be immortal!