DX12 for EVE on Linux

Worked flawlessly with this file in my EVE Online Folder.

Can you run it with MangoHUD and check if it’s using DXVK or VKD3D?

Also should be working on Tranquility (my FPS monitor is showing dx12 there), not just Singularity(my FPS monitor was showing dx11 too but was definitely using dx12 when I tested it there a while ago).

quite a messed up setup.

Perhaps post whatever DXVK/VKD3D logs there are in your game folder too

found ebuild, installed.

it show me dxvk, need show vkd3d?

Yes DXVK=dx11, VKD3D=dx12.
If I had to guess there is something borked with your vkd3d install.

How did you install wine compiled with vkd3d?

i just compiled with vkd3d USE flag wine-vanilla (7.0 version, gentoo). vkd3d package also installed.

so, i installed app-emulation/vkd3d-proton

making WINEPREFIX=/path/to/prefix setup_vkd3d_proton.sh install --symlink (as recommend)

aaaand it work. MangoHUD show vkd3d and fps monitor DX12 too.

can confirm it works creating the dxvk.conf
wine-staging with vk3d3-proton and dxvk on openSUSE tumbleweed with no other modification to the prefix.

1 Like

I use outdated debian buster so I will wait for mesa 22 :slight_smile: dx11 gave a great speed boost so i am not in rush

Yeah, not in a rush either, but at the same time I want to know if dx12 works at all and how it effects performance. And at the same time I want to expand my linux knowledge, because I would place it in the “enough to be dangerous, but not enough to fix it if it breaks” skill level :grin:

dx12 gave a good boost to fps overall - but there are still a lot of small issues that are extremely annoying. Multiple clients reduce fps drastically, as it seems they are using shared resources somewhere. There are also a lot of fps drops for apparently no reason at all (randomly - sometimes even mid warp to 15fps) and glitches like not showing tether and other effects.

1 Like

confirm significant framerate dropping when using multiple clients (with dx12).

anyone else got a polaris gpu? it only has feature 12_0.

already used d3d11.maxFeatureLevel = 12_0… game launches with dx12, but once inside, its dxvk/dx11. im using bottles

Sorry for the late reply

Which version of wine are you using?

Do you know if you have vkd3d installed/working on other games?

latest wine-GE. i only have eve on bottles

info: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing 49664
err: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
info: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_1
err: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
info: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0
info: D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Using feature level D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0

maybe feature 12.0 isnt supported by eve’s dx12?. also launcher wouldnt let me check “the option to run dx12” when dxvk is disabled

REEE: weird, now its working. what the f*ck did i do?

You need vkd3d-proton installed in your bottle in order to use dx12.

info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing 49664
err:   D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Probing D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_1
info:  D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Using feature level D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_1
info:  Device properties:
info:    Device name:     : AMD RADV POLARIS10
info:    Driver version   : 22.1.7

Found this today, Had everything else, smacked this in and now it works :slight_smile:
Running Sparky a Debian derivative (using the 5.18.0-4 kernel) with Eve Installed using Lutris (I got lazy and at some point in the past messed up my non lutris install) My Lutris wine has VKD3D v2.6

I am just wondering how much the performance drop is if you switch from DX11 to DX12… I remember drop when switching from DX9 to DX11 was harsh.

running gentoo linux with wine-staging-7.17 (7.18 seemed horribly broken, so I’m skipping it and going directly to 7.20 once it installs), with vkd3d and dxvk both installed via winetricks. I made the file dxvk in the Launcher subdirectory, and still don’t get to check the box for DX12 support. Any tips?