DXVK creates error?

I am trying to get this damn DXVK running now and then on my Ubuntu installation… but for some reason I never get a success. Today I made a new try. I am running with wine-4.9 and wine64 using 64 Bit EVE client.

While executing “setup_dxvk.sh install” succeeds with the following log on the command line:

[1/5] dxgi:
[1/2] Creating override…
[2/2] Creating link to dxgi.dll.so…
[2/5] d3d10:
[1/2] Creating override…
[2/2] Creating link to d3d10.dll.so…
[3/5] d3d10_1:
[1/2] Creating override…
[2/2] Creating link to d3d10_1.dll.so…
[4/5] d3d10core:
[1/2] Creating override…
[2/2] Creating link to d3d10core.dll.so…
[5/5] d3d11:
[1/2] Creating override…
[2/2] Creating link to d3d11.dll.so…

I get the following error message when starting EVE Launcher:

002b:err:module:import_dll Library dxgi.dll (which is needed by L"C:\EVE\Launcher\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll") not found
002b:err:module:import_dll Library d3d11.dll (which is needed by L"C:\EVE\Launcher\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll") not found
002b:err:module:import_dll Library Qt5WebEngineCore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\EVE\Launcher\Qt5WebEngineWidgets.dll") not found
002b:err:module:import_dll Library Qt5WebEngineWidgets.dll (which is needed by L"C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe") not found
002b:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe" failed, status c0000135

Anybody has any idea how to fix this?

(Thanks god I can easily revert this with “setup_dxvk.sh uninstall”, but then DX 11 is working with a low performance of just 20 FPS, while with DX 9 I easily get over 50 FPS.)

Are you using the beta launcher? Using the eve-wine or the wine-dev/staging from WineHQ?
Latest Linux launcher https://binaries.eveonline.com/evelauncher-1514997.tar.gz
Although I am running Debian buster/testing have a look at my post https://forums.eveonline.com/t/running-well-but-with-some-errors/162017/4 as it might give you some ideas.

Its wine-dev from Wine HQ. I simply installed EVE on this without using the special linux launcher. And it is working flawless with beta-launcher and 64 bit. Only there is a significant performance drop when switching from DX 9 to DX 11, if you do not reduce graphic content settings.
That’s the only reason why I bother toying around with DXVK.

And what is DXVK supposed to do :slight_smile: I have no idea what that means hehe.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.