EFT (Eve Fitting Tool) for Invasion

@ DeMichael Crimson

Preparations: Install Python and Requests

Download all the files from https://github.com/Hirmuolio/EFT-ESI-importer (the green button at top right corner of the file list gives link for zip that contains them all).

Extract the zip into the chars folder of EFT (or wherever you want to but the imported char files will be placed in the same folder that the python scripts are in).

Run the EFT_ESI_importer.py. On first run it will ask for client ID and client secret. To get them register as a developer at https://developers.eveonline.com/ (requires EVE char that has had paid subscription at some point). You need to register an application with following scopes: esi-skills.read_skills.v1 and esi-clones.read_implants.v1 . Set the callback url to http://localhost/oauth-callback. (this needs to be done only once and the same client credentials will work for any number of character imports).

Then you get into the main menu of the script. Select “log in” (just put “L” and press enter). Log in your character that you want to import. After logging in you will be redirected into nonfunctional site that looks like http://localhost/oauth-callback?code=4mv7cbUYZ2jtCtxE6w34vsfse0-5lbpfN0AwsefrSZupKu_30OJ2lshXfuM4enmG70. Copy paste the part after ?code= into the script window.

Repeat logging in for all characters that you want to import.

Then just start the import (“S” and enter).

Any time you want to reimport the characters you rerun the script. The character importing in EFT has not been touched and won’t work. There is also t he fast_EFT_ESI_importer.py included that skips all the questions and simply imports all the characters that have been logged in before. You can use that when you just want to refresh the skills.

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that but like I said earlier, I’m not a computer programmer. I had EFT working before on my computer with my character stats imported and the last time I remember it working correctly was right after Peter Han updated EFT with the Assault Frigate changes.

Anyway, I tried following your instructions but downloading programs for developers and then trying to run command prompts on my computer is a fast track to trouble. I already had the Eve Application with ID and Secret Key created earlier. I downloaded the EFT-ESI-Importer zip file and extracted it into EFT characters folder.

Don’t know why I need to download a bunch of Developer Programs but I did the python and as for pipenv install requests, I downloaded this: https://github.com/requests/requests

Hell, I don’t even know where those programs are suppose to be placed on my computer. After that I got lost. I have no idea how to run EFT_ESI_importer.py. and quite frankly I don’t like the idea of messing around with my computers programming or entering developer command prompts on it when I have no idea what I’m doing.

The last thing I wanna do is mess up my computer. I’m sorry but without a User Friendly way to import my character stats back into EFT, it’s probably better if I just use pyfa instead.

If you have EVEMon, just save EFT profile from your character in EVEMon.

It is unfortunate that EVE devs lost their brains over this ESI stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I have EveMon and it’s current with my character. Are you saying export my character from EveMon to the character folder in EFT?

And I agree with you 100%, CCP has definitely gone batshit crazy with it.

Oddly enough, not all ships are present, such as the Whiptail. It isn’t listed anywhere in EFT.

Cant change the level of disintegrator specialization of all sizes, and disintegrator dps graphs seem to be broken. Also the new Creodron drone implants seem to be missing as well. T10-5D and D5-10T

Thanks for the hard work that you put into the Abyss EFT.

1 Like

OK, I figured out what you meant by that.

I referenced EveMon for the skill levels of my character and then manually placed those skill levels into EFT’s character editor. I just gotta remember to check and manually update skills when needed.

Thanks for that, I now have my character profile back in EFT.

wat

That’s totally NOT what did I mean.
File → Export character… → File type: *.chr (EFT)

The October update has been posted. Included are the changes to Warp Disruption Field Generators / Zero-Point Mass Entanglers, Crow / Damavik changes, and a few other minor tweaks.

5 Likes

Ingame, the zero-point mass entangler does not cost capacitor to maintain and it has no cycle time. Also the mass calculation with 2+ modules is wrong. I tested it on the test server :smiley:

The Onslaught update has been posted. Included are the changes to Force Auxiliaries, new Triglavian ships, and ECM ships / modules.

While this is not the first time that the SDE does not match the game, the Zero-Point Mass Entangler is now stacking penalized and costs negligible capacitor to run. Despite the in-game tooltips showing otherwise, this is the behavior observed in game.

6 Likes

base speeds of the kikimora and drekavak are wrong. should be 320 for the destroyer and 163 for the battlecruiser.

still cant change the level of disintegrator specialization skill.

dps application graphs do not work properly for disintegrators.

Whiptail is missing.

Hydra and Tiamat are missing.

tier 4 agency boosters are missing.

slot 7 drone implants are missing.

3 Likes

Thanks for keeping this up to date

2 Likes

Hey, first of all eft is pretty amazing and i love using it for fits. However about 5 min ago I noticed that the name of a fit I had had some weird characters in the middle of the name, i edited the name and it crashed. I got a (no memory) error message or something like that and when i tried to open it again about 90% of my fits were gone. meep.

1 Like

Both the Frostline “Omnivore” mining upgrade and the ML-EKP “Polybolos” Ballistic Control System are missing, sorry.

1 Like

just kill this project already. even after more then a year you updating it’s still full of inaccurate thing and outright missing modules.

People should just get Pyfa.

Ugly, terrible ■■■■.

2 Likes

im getting an error whenever trying to add a slot 11 booster to a fit.

Access violation a address 00516344 in module ‘EFT.exe’. Read of address 00000031.

This seems to break the whole Setups folder as when I try to reopen EFT after triggering the slot 11 bug, it will give me another access violation error and fail to load anything. Had to manually remove the Setups folder to be able to use EFT again.

1 Like

Great update, Peter!
EFT is the best.
My symbolic gratitude of 100mils ISK has sent to your ingame personage.
Thank you for your time!

2 Likes