Ship Fit: A Web Component for Eve Fittings

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you a Web Component that I’ve been working on that will render an EFT fitting visually. The aim it to make it easier for developers to build tools that will display fittings without having to reinvent the wheel; as well as for other content creators such as bloggers to embed ship fittings in a more appealing way than plain text.

Ship Fit generates an output that looks like this (the button copies the fit to clipboard and can be disabled if desired):

Being a Web Component, getting started is pretty simple, all you do is import the script and then wrap the EFT fit with the <ship-fit> tag.

<script src="https://unpkg.com/shipfit@1.0.0/dist/index.umd.min.js"></script>
<ship-fit>
[Revelation, Revelation]
Capital I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Corpum A-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Corpum A-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Domination Tracking Enhancer
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
[Empty Low Slot]
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Reactive Armor Hardener

Capital Capacitor Booster I
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer,Tracking Speed Script
Tracking Computer II,Tracking Speed Script

Abyssal Siege Module
Corpus X-Type Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Quad Mega Pulse Laser II,Conflagration XL

Capital Energy Ambit Extension I
Capital Energy Ambit Extension I
Capital Energy Burst Aerator II
</ship-fit>

The component ships everything it needs with the exception of the images which come from the image server so it should be pretty reliable. The code can be found here github.com/souptheloop/shipfit. There is also a live example on JSFiddle if you would like to try it out.

There’s still more to do to show ammo/subsystems/service modules but in the meantime, I’m looking for some feedback from the developer community before I share this a more widely. Is this something that you might use, are there things you would like to see added/removed, is there significant overlap with existing projects?

Thanks for reading
Vex Drake

4 Likes

Pretty great work! Keep this up.

Hi vex - I am blogging at the moment - will see how it works and get back to you. Thank you for this.

Awesome, let me know if you run into any troubles and I’d be keen to help. Please share a link if you get it working <3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.