EULA question

Hello all,

I’m relatively new to the game and I’ve been trying to figure out characters vs accounts. I think I have it all figured out, but I just have one question: is it legal within the EULA to shift shared cache settings within the launcher to allow you to have *two characters from the same omega account open at the same time?

Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried googling it, but every question seems to be related to angry people not being able to multibox alphas…

-CAP

1 Like

Nope. EULA violation.

You can only have one character from a given account active at a time.

To do what you are describing “legally” you would need to have a second account, transfer your second character to that account, and make sure both accounts are Omega status.

1 Like

I doubt the server would accept multiple connections from the same account any ways…

1 Like

Roger that. Thanks!

2 Likes

NONE of the MMO’s out there will let you log in 2 characters simultaneously.

That is true. As a matter of fact, very rarely you can have more then 1 client running on same machine period, same or different accounts, which I wish was something this game had. It would put a giant dent in all the multiboxers, bots, and all that sort of crap. this game needs it desperately.

What an absolutely atrocious idea. This would make the game virtually unplayable for most serious players. As long as you’re just dicking around in highsec in your ■■■■-fit missioning boat, sure, you don’t need any alts but if you want to use capitals (not to even mention supers), FC, lead a corp/alliance, trade, haul or do pretty much anything else that goes beyond sitting in highsec and grinding ISK, you basically need a second (or third/fourth) account. Removing that possibility would require a total re-design of the game.

1 Like

Bull ■■■■.

Play the way it was meant to be played instead of wanna be half botting cheese. Train for half a decade and you can do all that with a single toon.

O and wait, here let me throw two of the most popular arguments often generated by the NS folks towards other people right back at you:

1. Its a multiplayer game. Get your corp/allaince mates to do stuff with or GTFO
  2. Git gud scrub
1 Like

As others have mentioned; in order to run two characters at once you will need to have two separate accounts. You cannot run Eve with two characters from the same account; trying to circumvent this restriction is against the EULA that you signed when creating your account. In addition both accounts would need to be Omega state in order to run them both at the same time.

Hope this answers your question. In the mean time, I’ll go ahead and close this and ask that if you have questions regarding the EULA/TOS please open a support ticket to ask CCP directly about any concerns you may have for an official response.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes