EVE doesnt start, "Failed to D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain" after Windows 10 Update

Hello capsulers,

after updating my windows 10 to 1709 EVE stopped working. I found a kind of easy solution which I would like to share with you, maybe it could help someone.

I’m using a laptop with NVIDIA optimus and quadro 2000m. EVE Launcher launches EVE (bar turns green) and it crashes in background with “Failed to D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain” in EVE LogLite.

Reinstalling everything, clearing cache, deleting appdata files and even updating and clean install of display drivers didnt solve issue. After reading about some issues which might be similar, I found this here: https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/519691/

So running EVE Launcher in Compatibility Mode with “Deactivate Fullscreen Optimization” solved the issue for me now. In Windows to you need to navigate to the shortcut to the EVE Launcher in C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EVE Launcher and change it there when starting it from start menue.

In case of someone else encountering this problem, this solution worked for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.