I hope this will get your attention, as apparently support tickets just get happily ignored!
Since monday 2018-08-27 (!) my EVE launcher is not starting after it updated itself.
AMD CPU and Graphics
- after starting the launcher.exe or eve.exe the explorer window briefly goes to the background and a launcher process appears for 3 seconds
- the process disappears and no window ever appears
- no logs are written by the launcher
The update has broken it because the following workaround did nothing to fix the problem:
- deleting caches
- setting the QT_OPENGL environmental variable to either “angle” or “software” or “desktop”
- reinstalling the launcher
- running the launcher as administrator
- installing an older launcher version:
- first time the launcher starts normally (so my system is not to blame!)
- after cancelling the update the launcher stays open for about a minute
- after that it crashes and won’t start again
- and other minor fixes floating around this forum
If you cannot fix the issue ROLL BACK, that means deactivate the (hidden) self update of the launcher until the issues are resolved for EVERYBODY.
If nothing will be done about this I will have to demand a refund.
Compensation for the lost playtime goes without question.