Cannot get Eve Launcher to load

When I click “Eve Launcher” on my desktop, all I get is a large white rectangle. I tried to uninstall and reinstall EvE but nothing changes. Any thoughts?

same issue

Same issue as well.

Launcher doesn’t work after update…

same ■■■■ for me

After updating launcher, it consumes up to 100% CPU resources according to windows task mgr. Apps besides EVE launcher become slow/unresponsive, need to reboot.

Same issue here. Tried to reinstall the game, but the same issue just keeps happening.
On an old laptop the update just went fine.
Any fix in sight?

Can’t get as far as a white box - I get 4 different procedure error boxes - dynamic link library files missing.

Looked at some other posts on here relating to Win 7 but I am running Win 10.

After the numerous DDoS, and the farce of the current event you have to ask just wtf is going on?

2 Likes

I have submitted support ticket more then 8 hours ago and still no replay from CCP… did anyone got the replay by now?

Same here, 1,5 day ago…
Since a laucher-update in the evening i cannot play. In the same morning everything worked fine.
No solution and no report from the deadspaces of CCP.

1 Like

Same situation. 24 hours ago. Still dead silence.

MY GUESS CCP DOES NOT KNOW HOW TOO FIX AND THEY WONT ADMIT IT , GAME WON’T START EITHER SUBMITTED TICKET 16 HRS AGO STILL NO RESPONSE.

1 Like

Then at least they could send a message to all users of EVE to inform them that they are working on it.
Now it is totally unclear.
I paid for many years of Eve,this is surely not the way to (non)communicate with dedicated customers.

agreed

They replied to me with four different things i have to do. Nothing worked so far.

Ronan, what were the suggestions?

Just got a message from CCP; their workaround sadly did not bring the launcher to life.
I had to add a new system rule regarding OPENGL, but no solution to me (WIN7, 64 bit)

First: It is possible that the launcher cache files have become corrupt. I recommend you delete the launcher cache and see if that resolves the issue. To delete the launcher cache please follow the instructions below.

• Please press the windows key + R to open a run window.
  • Copy and paste the following into the run window and press enter.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\cache\QtWebEngine

• Right click on the folder named ‘default’ and delete it.
  • Start the launcher and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know if the above solution proves unsuccessful. Thanks.

Second:
Hello capsuleer, I am Senior GM Mechanic.

Please try the following Windows update and see if that resolves your issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows