[WORKAROUND] Launcher not starting after update

I have experienced the launcher not restarting after update, but it I shut down the launcher and restart it it usually will start the game, until now. Now I cannot get the launcher to start the game and I have had a ticket in for 5 hours now with NO response!

I was in game this morning and eve was working fine with 2 of my toonā€™s and then i had a socket close. I have restarted my computer twice and verified that there were no corrupt files. How long will it take to fix this issue?

what why do we have to fix not our job it is yourā€™s so fix the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing been playing for 10yrs now i sick of all the ā– ā– ā– ā–  ups that you havenā€™t corrected before release or doing hotfixes,i have done complete clean uninstall and reinstall itā€™s still ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  so do what the Omeagaeā€™s like myself pay you to and fix the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  game

Game does not launches. Login is green, but game does not start.

Ok its been a full day now and all CCP can say is that I started the game prior to the launcher saying it was read. LOL its was on auto-start! I turned the auto-start off and waited for the ready and it still fails with the EXACT same error. At any rate that is pretty poor programing to allow it to start prior to being ā€œReadyā€. It took them 20 hours to give that lame answer.

As usual CCP was totally unhelpful! I finally decided after 2.5 days to just re-install the whole game. I ASKED FOR REINBURSEMENT, probably wonā€™t see it.

Worked for some time for me via Steam. Since today,I have this bloody white window of doomā€¦.

Every update i have issues with the launcher now

I have problem tooā€¦ 0xc0000005 errorā€¦ I did a complette clean reinstall, and sameā€¦
CCP, hire a programmer, who can programming please. That is very very gas. Every weeks I get a new ā€œexperienceā€ about the incompetentā€™s work, and totally untested releasesā€¦ Bugs, crashes, server laggsā€¦ Every **** weekā€¦ Why does not testing scenarios before releases?

Same thing for me :frowning:

Since the launcher update huge problems,never had before.
Reinstall did not help.
Every other suggestion by CCP either.
We are now almost 2 weeks furtherā€¦
Itā€™s on WIN 7/10/Linux.

@GM_Mechanic Just thought Iā€™d add that this issue still persists. I run a client in a virtual machine (qemu) with pci-e passthrough on Win10. I only mention this because none of my physical machines are having this problem. I have tried doing a fresh installation (win10 & win2012 r2) with and without the nvidia gt710 pass through to the vm and all end with the launcher failing. The exception code is the same as the others with 0xc0000005. I can put in a ticket if needed to give more information.

Anyone has an update? GM is just not answering in ticket chat since more than a week. Tried everything, uninstalled and installed the game 10 times, changed settings, tried Beta, tried Steam. Nothing works anymore since 3 days. Is this normal?

I have a ticket open for almost two weeks now with the same issue - the 0xc0000005 error and no launcher start on a VM install.

But i did get it to work with the instructions in this post:

Basically uninstall the launcher and reinstall from an old launcher binary. Then let it download the launcher update, but cancel the installation of that update. Then it works.

Still, I am hoping a permanent fix comes along soonā€¦

1 Like

Morning All,
I have the same problem. I send two tickets to the support. Both closed in about 15 minutes by CCP support.
The information that there is no log file cause the crap they code simply throw exception in point where their login system doesnā€™t work was no excuse. No log file so we close the ticket. Of course Iā€™m only IT developer working only 15 years so I have no competence to find out the log file. Classical customer defiance.

So I finally made some headway and was able to get it to work. Here were the steps I took. I downloaded and installed the old launcher as listed a few posts back. From there I canceled the install of the new launcher. From there I went into the launchers settings and chose the beta version of the launcher. https://i.imgur.com/GB3jLJr.png I am not up and running. Hopefully that helps the other dudes that are stuck!

Just tried that, not working for me eitherā€¦.

Tomorrow Iā€™ll send another ticket to the support. If there will be again no reaction and quick ticked close cause missing log files which are not created during launcher crash I notify the Pay Pal about. I have paid for the service which is access to the game. Cause I canā€™t execute the access to this service I want refund.

I check every day this post to find a solution, still without solution?

I am with you going to get Visa to claw back monies for good and services not delivered.