[WORKAROUND] Launcher not starting after update

I have got the answer for my last ticket.

Download the beta launcher https://binaries.eveonline.com/EveLauncher-1381807.exe

Stop automate update to the last release version.

This launcher works for me, hope that help you guys.

Possible this beta launcher will be released today or tomorrow.

The version above 1381807 is now the release version so you will not need to cancel the update.

it does not work for me, the eve online launcher process appears for a few seconds in the task manager and then disappears.

Run this from a “Command Prompt (Admin)”:

sfc /scannow

Worked for me now.

I had this same problem with the EVE launcher is not starting .
The way i solved it was to debug the executable with visual studio and found out that some Wacom Tablet threads were being called for some reason. I ended these tasks on my task manager and it worked.
Maybe this’ll be give some clue and/or help someone

I seem to be having a similar issue after the October release. Any word on a cheap fix that does not involve a whole day spent downloading EVE again? Windows 10.

Even that beta link errors when I try it. Is this not just generally fixed? Eve runs on all my potato pc’s and I’ve always loved that. Now I can’t get it to launch on any of them…

Still doesn’t work. Good job Eve. I can’t get this to work on 3 different pcs…

So, I tried this. My launcher would open, which was a great step. However, regardless of what I would run (beta or normal) the client wouldn’t let me log in. I assume this is because the client is too old. Since I could actually open this launcher, I tried updating the launcher from within itself. This just closed the launcher and I once again couldn’t launch it.

I then tried this, nothing changed. I can’t start this launcher, so I can’t do anything with it. I’m assuming this is already the current launcher at this point.

Anybody know another fix?

i still have the issue, no matter how many workarounds i have tried

Computer make/model: HP EliteBook 8730w with ENERGY STAR
Operating System: Windows 10 Insider Preview (build 18282) 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600@2.80GHz x2
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
Graphics: NVidia Quadro FX 2700M (latest graphics driver verion 342.00)

NVidia System Topology

anyone who can help it would be very appreciated

and to verify, i am having the OpenGL 2.0 issue. fortunately enough, everything is updated, all of the OpenES GL files are there inside C:/EVE/Launcher and yet it still gives me the issue. the other thing is that my drivers are supportive of all OpenGL files, as my graphics card used to run the game, but is meant for graphics rendering. so i do not get why it crashes often. i might wind up upgrading my graphics to the NVidia Quadro FX 3700M (not many graphics cards for the laptop/mobile workstation i own. i wish i can figure out how to get a better graphics card for this laptop/Mobile Workstation. i got the laptop from a family member with the issue of overheating. it burned a hole into linoleum and all it needed was the fan in the heatsink to be cleaned. now it doesnt do that. but it still makes no sense that i cant run eve on this computer, but i can run other games.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.