Eve Economic Question

Quite possibly true, as a general observation. But because my broader “business model” is to sub, PLEX has no relevance. Usually.

The exception is when I buy training certs using PLEX. Then I might look to maximise isk after drawing-down reserves to pay for it. I also did this early-on when re-investing isk into skill injectors. (Which I still do if needed for a particular event.) So, my sub-optimal business model still has to be flexible.

A good example would be the nascent war in Tribute. I usually crank out fuel blocks and foreman charges. But I might now go back to trading compressed ice for a bit instead to supply the war-machine. (A variation on the build vs sell minerals argument of @Ash_Beldrulf.)

People tend to sell things cheap in order to get rid of them faster.

Sometimes they just dont want to wait or bother moving the items back to Jita.

Sometimes they just have a few ships lying around that they no longer use and just want to sell it.

Sometimes they are nullsec miners making insane amounts of minerals in nullsec, and can afford to sell these items at cheap because its 100% profit.

There are reasons to sell items and ships at cheaper prices.

If you dont like it, then buy all the ships and haul them to Jita.

This woman subs!
Yay! :smiley:

*looks at PLEXing slaves*

Work hard, peasants, and some day you will be rich! *snickers*
Seriously, hard work will make you happy! *giggles*
Really!

*walks off*

*bursts out in laughter in the distance*

1 Like

As people stated before me, Eve is a game, it doesn’t represent a real business scheme and Eve Economy has Nothing in common with a real life Economy…. people have to accept that fact!

So yes, some people don’t care about cost prices, spreadsheets to optimize costs, profits. Add to this that fixed costs are minimum in Eve…

So if I want, I can mine all day long , reprocess ore at 55%, build ships with 0/0 BPO and sell them at shitty prices and at the end of the day, I will still be richer than I was at the start of the day… As long as people have fun with it… For them, in that case, “minerals are free” because they Don’t value their time. In a real life Economy, I would be bankrupt in no time but not in Eve….

As an industrialist who love spreadsheets, I have to deal with that fact… It’s part of the game too. It’s my job to find the niche products, the niche markets that gonna make big isk and avoid some others because I cannot compete with those kind of people. When I build T2 modules, It’s my job to determine if I should build myself the T1 module required or If I have a business opportunity close enough because I can buy it cheaper that it would cost me to build it….

I often sell T2 components required in the fabrication of T2 ships at such a high price that building that T2 ships make no sense because it would be way cheaper to buy the T2 ship directly… But guess what? Those components sells well… Because those buyers have fun building those ships and Don’t care about costs & prices… good for me, they are happy, so am I…

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe I should start selling them (components) as well xD

no need a profit in a dead game :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.